Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dealer reflashed my computer and turned off all my esp, bas, abs, trac-control :)

Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer reflashed my computer and turned off all my esp, bas, abs, trac-control :)

so i went to the dealer for 3 recall and a brocken arm brake and when i drove back the jeep all safety system wet turned off!! i dont know for what reason but im perfectly fine with this. they reflashed the compter for the brake hill climb back thigny ... something i dont realy care anyway...so now the jeep is free!! I CAN DRIVE IT LIKE I WHANT .

no more abs
no more traction control
no more esp turning winter fun down

Last edited by guybergeron; 08-12-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by guybergeron
I CAN DRIVE IT LIKE I WHANT .

no more abs
no more traction control
Umm. Don't you want that stuff in the winter in Canada?
Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

it depend when but to often when you need the ability of a jeep thise things are not needed. ids not usefull if you need power on a snowy hill climb and the esp bas tcs tell your jeep not to spin of go fast. its easyer to do things without this than the oposit.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so i went to the dealer for 3 recall and a brocken arm brake and when i drove back the jeep all safety system wet turned off!! i dont know for what reason but im perfectly fine with this. they reflashed the compter for the brake hill climb back thigny ... something i dont realy care anyway...so now the jeep is free!! I CAN DRIVE IT LIKE I WHANT .

no more abs
no more traction control
I would think this is illegal for ANY dealer to do unless it was done by accident and they are not aware of it. The dealer would be in for a massive lawsuit if you were ever involved in an accident or if anything were to happen to you or someone else because of what they've done.

Stay safe out there!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the fun switch wired into mine that shuts off all that crap and I run all winter with no abs / eps / blah blah blah and it drives fine people shouldn't be allowed to drive if they need all that garbage to stay on the road !!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

my esp or bas light never came on even in the sharpest of turns. I was drifting it in a flat dirt strecth and it didnt even flash on.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the ESP and ABS saved me BIG TIME last year when a few cars wiped out in front and side of me in an ice storm.. cars coming at me from every direction and the ESP allowed me to get off the side of the road and onto the grass without hitting the ditch and without ever getting clobbered...

I realize there are times you might want it off.. but for those times id just do the full turn off procedure and then have it available for later..

-Christopher
Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll say this.......For years people lived without these features and now no one can live with out it?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ccwbrd
I'll say this.......For years people lived without these features and now no one can live with out it?
People lived for years without seatbelts too. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is safer without it.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

... when i drove back the jeep all safety system wet turned off!! ...
Hmm. Maybe your air bags are turned off, too. I hope you're happy with that (since we drove for decades without them, and all that jazz ...).

Quick Reply: dealer reflashed my computer and turned off all my esp, bas, abs, trac-control :)