Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealer Lift kit

Old 12-10-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer Lift kit

Is there any jeep dealer in New Jersey that will install a lift and won't void warranty? I wanna lift so bad but don't want to waste my warranty. Looking for a good 3inch lift for a 4door JK. Will hit trails maybe once a month.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are worried about warranty claims, or want to lump it in with your loan, ask the dealer about the Mopar Lift kit. It is a rebranded Teraflex kit with extra $$$ signs attached.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Warranty for dealer installed is still a gray area. Get it in writing, not a verbal from the sales guy. And even then, it may only be honored at that specific dealership. You might be better off paying half the price and going aftermarket, and just finding a mod-friendly dealership to work with.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddydru
Is there any jeep dealer in New Jersey that will install a lift and won't void warranty? I wanna lift so bad but don't want to waste my warranty. Looking for a good 3inch lift for a 4door JK. Will hit trails maybe once a month.
Just ask the dealers in question, most will not void the warranty for an aftermarket lift. But as stated it would be a good idea to get it in writing from them.

RK
Old 12-10-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ORWJK
If you are worried about warranty claims, or want to lump it in with your loan, ask the dealer about the Mopar Lift kit. It is a rebranded Teraflex kit with extra $$$ signs attached.
Is it really a rebranded Teraflex kit?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It seems that the specific mfg's can vary, but yes, they rebrand aftermarket lifts and then double the price tags (as well as the install labor).

You will notice that their lifts begin with a 'P', for Performance. And in the notes for performance parts, they are sold 'as-is' with no warranty.

But, if you scroll to the bottom of this one, you will find that LKI provides the warranty for the lift...

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/lift...-%20JK%204.pdf

"Your warrantor is LKI Enterprises, Inc. (LKI). The entire product warranty process is han
dled by LKI, not by Chrysler LLC, any Jeep® or Dodge® vehicle dealership, or any Mopar® distributor or retailer. "

What is covered?
Subject to the terms below, LKI will repair or replace its products found defective in materials or
workmanship for so long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which the product was originally installed.

What is not covered?
The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However,
added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory)
are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle’s warranty. Additionally, your LKI Limited Warranty does not cover products, parts or vehicles LKI determines to have been damaged by orsubjected to:

• Alteration, modification or failure to maintain.
• Normal wear and tear (bushings, tie-rod ends, etc.). Scratches or defects in product finishes (powder coating, plating, etc.),
• Damage to or resulting from vehicle’s electronic stability system, related components
or other vehicle systems.
• Racing or other vehicle competitions or contests. Accidents, impact by rocks, trees, obstacles or other aspects of the environment.
• Theft, vandalism or other intentional damage.
So, read the fine print and get anything they tell you in writing.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the Mopar kit, When I bought my 2014 JKUR the dealer had 2 lifted JKU Sport. I checked them out and from my observation it looked like a 3.25" Rough Country coil lift kit with the RC stickers removed from the shocks. Still had OEM front track bar and stock control arms. They also had Rampage front and rear recovery bumpers, (with a Warn sticker on the front bumper) probably from the VR8000 winch, Fuel wheels and pro comp 33" MT tires. Oh, almost forgot, LED cubes on the windshield. For all of this they were asking a mere $16,000 surcharge

When I asked the sales manager if all of those aftermarket parts were covered under the Jeep warranty, he said the dealer would cover the warranty on the aftermarket parts.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx for everyone's input. I will try a few dealer around to see what they say.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubicon
Is it really a rebranded Teraflex kit?
It's a system spec'd by Mopar, sourced from Teraflex, and it's a dandy. Tera's 3" coils, Fox resi shocks, Tera's Speed Bumps front & rear and special fixed length control arms with Clevite bushings, no flex joints.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP, If you're willing to travel a bit, Adams Jeep of Maryland is great to deal with. especially their service department. I travel 3 hours round trip to take my JK there for service.

Quick Reply: Dealer Lift kit