Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealer Just Restricted my Lifetime Powertrain warranty

Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default thats prety funny 1 quart yet you change it on schedual

ok when u climbed under and noticed the oil spatter caked on the pan wouldnt a thought enter the hat holder
check the oil level then proceed to the dealer if every thing looks good yet has oil leaking from somewhere ??
i doubt 5 quarts leaked out in a splash! : ) thats kinda funny never the less hope it works out for ya ! thats a expensive lesson
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
ok when u climbed under and noticed the oil spatter caked on the pan wouldnt a thought enter the hat holder
check the oil level then proceed to the dealer if every thing looks good yet has oil leaking from somewhere ??
i doubt 5 quarts leaked out in a splash! : ) thats kinda funny never the less hope it works out for ya ! thats a expensive lesson
No not really. Why should I have to "cover something up" that was not my fault?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup, get on the line with the chrysler customer service. They will end up calling you back after a day or two, but the experience I had with Chrysler customer service wasn't half bad. More than I can say for any dealer I've encountered. Unless of course you're willing to drop your trousers and grab your ankles.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I paid for the "lifetime" warranty on my JK. I'm wondering, when they cancel your warranty, do you get any sort of refund. Or they just use it as a way to squeeze a few more bucks out of you?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

The op didn't mention if it was a Chrysler or third party warranty...

Matthew
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
The op didn't mention if it was a Chrysler or third party warranty...

Matthew
It would seem to me that Chrysler would not be able to flag a warranty they themselves do not provide
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default not sayin its your fault

just id be afraid to drive it any where even a mile down the road if i saw oil splashed underneath with out checkin the dipstick to make sure it wasnt out of oil or lower than required to operate within reason, id say most anyone would check that before having the dealer check it and say your 5 quarts low .
having them tell you it was 5 quarts lower than required tells anyone you hadnt checked it in a reasonable time frame
even after noticing a obvious leak as you stated you saw before proceeding to the dealer !

not saying hide the truth (saying could have poured 5 quarts in and told them its leaking quite fast, enough to have had to pour 5 quarts between a documented oil change ! u should ask santa for a oil guage for x mas ! or atleast a oil rag!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm purchasing my 2nd stabilizer shock from crushing it while wheeling. They asked for my vin. number, so common sense told me not to go through them in fear of being flagged. PS: I need to relocate it sooner than later
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ask them to PROVE to you that they've done an oil change... same idea. and it wouldn't be the first time a Jeep stealership would charge for work not done!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Chrysler is the only one offering lifetime warrenty. And yes, if you have not used it, you can cancel it.

Quick Reply: Dealer Just Restricted my Lifetime Powertrain warranty