Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealer Installed Lift w/Warranty

Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Installed Lift w/Warranty

Ok, I gotta lift my X, but I do want some guarantee that if I lift it, and something goes wrong that my warranty will still cover anything major.

So, since I have little to no experience with installing lifts, (I helped on one on a TJ once, a long long time ago). Does anyone have any experience with getting a Jeep Dealer to install the lift, and the warranty still being honored.

Also, can I purchase the lift myself and have them install it, I am only looking for maybe a 2" budget boost so I can safely clear 33's.

Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, I will probably be adding the Thule ski/snowboard racks this next week, so I will post some pics soon.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

First be aware of your rights - Magnuson Moss Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Some dealerships customize vehicles before selling them and cover the changes under warranty. You should probably just call and speak to the service manager and see what they are willing to do and cover.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Dealership here to do mine (Teraflex 3") and cover under warranty. Course, it's gonna cost more (but of course it will......), but without tools or experience doing this in past, this is one of those things that can be fixed by throwing money at it... Best plan? probably not, but agreeable with 'She Who Must Be Obeyed...' LOL

Quick Reply: Dealer Installed Lift w/Warranty