Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DD VS OFFOAD which is best hybid tire, Need help selecting

Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DD VS OFFOAD which is best hybid tire, Need help selecting

Ok, here is my situation. I am putting 315/75r16s on my JKU. This is my DD, However I will be using it for a good amount of wheeling with club runs, trips, and overland expedition planned across our UP and they need to be decent in the mud if possible. I would like a tire what gets decent mileage, Road manners are a plus but i just want to get over 40k to a set of tires. I will be doing a 5 tire rotation quite frequently. The tires I have been looking at are however I am not limited to these choices.

GY duratracs
Kelly Safari TSR
and Kelly Attitude MTs
Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

M/Ts are loud. They all are. Some are better than others but they're all much louder than highway tires. I'm looking at the Falken Wildpeaks for my next set. They seem to be a good all around tire at a reasonable price.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my km2s they work great on everything but snow its sad how bad they work on snow but on road and off they are great
Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Love my Toyo mt on my daily driver. Not really that loud compared to some. And there are guys reporting getting 60+ out of them
Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I may get the chance to test my KM2s in snow for the first time tomorrow. Every other type use has been great with them.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MedicJayCook
Ok, here is my situation. I am putting 315/75r16s on my JKU. This is my DD, However I will be using it for a good amount of wheeling with club runs, trips, and overland expedition planned across our UP and they need to be decent in the mud if possible. I would like a tire what gets decent mileage, Road manners are a plus but i just want to get over 40k to a set of tires. I will be doing a 5 tire rotation quite frequently. The tires I have been looking at are however I am not limited to these choices.

GY duratracs
Kelly Safari TSR
and Kelly Attitude MTs
Love my Toyo MTs, but if I were in your situation, I would look at the new Toyo ATs. I am hearing great things about them, and they have a 60k warranty.

Steve
Old 01-06-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

I run the 37" Falken Rocky Mountain's (same as wild peak just the Discount tire only version) they have 50K warranty (which you don't see in very many 37's I have used them on road and off they are not great in the mud but they do OK. They are super quiet on-road.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Of those three you listed they are all basically the same tire. I think there is a better warranty with the Duratracs.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had both the duratrac's and the TSR's. The duratrac's did well in most situations for me (mud, snow/ice, city and hwy) but wore way too quickly for me. My size was 275-65-20 in E-rated. I currently have the TSR's in 315-70-17. Too soon to tell wear, but seem to be doing well in limited mud, some snow/ice, rain and city/hwy. Gas mileage did not budge for me when I moved to these from the KM1's. I think the duratrac's were a little better in the snow, but that may be due to the narrower width.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Toyo's great tire, wear nice,good life but loud road noise,

Quick Reply: DD VS OFFOAD which is best hybid tire, Need help selecting