Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DayStar Upper Dash Panel

Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DayStar Upper Dash Panel

I installed the panel . It looks great and has already proved to be pretty handy. The funny thing is when I place my cell phone in the tray it makes my compass read north no matter what direction I'm going. Move the phone and it will read accurate, put the phone back and north it is. The electric compass is mounted to the back of this panel only a 1/4" from the phone. Not sure why it interferes but I'm sure someone on the site does.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not much you can do about it short of moving the sensor. Anything metal is going to screw up the compass. I put a can of snuff (metal lid) and it went North and stayed there. While it's nice to have the compass I just use my gps when I need to figure out which way is up.

Al
Old 01-23-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

So Rubidon - the color matches perfectly now? And they fixed the odd fit and the funny spaces on the sides?

Where did you order from? I want one, but want to make sure I don't get one of the older problematic ones!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aphazia
So Rubidon - the color matches perfectly now? And they fixed the odd fit and the funny spaces on the sides?

Where did you order from? I want one, but want to make sure I don't get one of the older problematic ones!
Color match was not bad and the fit seemed ok..........It does resist scratches better then the original though.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

The panels are great, the only issue I had was crap sliding around on a turn. Easy fix though, just placed some one sided sticky foam tape and solved the problem. I also purchased the Daystar Switch Panel for the lower dash. Need to install it but it looks pretty bitchin, saw one at SEMA with the colored rocker switches.

Quick Reply: DayStar Upper Dash Panel