Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar Switch Panel

Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daystar Switch Panel

I received one of these with the switches for Christmas. I just now got to install it. First of all I have a manual transmission, this is significant. I don't think their switches fit very good due to the thinnest of the material. Cutting out the holes was another matter, be very careful with the knife! Since the material is very thin it is easy to cut too far. After I got all four of my switches and the clips moved over (pain in the Axx), I snapped it in to place. Didn't look too bad until I move the shifter around....guess what, it actuates the right two switch when shifting into 1st and 3rd. Well this sucks, I don't want to activate light or winch every time I shift. A calm call into Daystar was in order, needless to say they were very short with me and could only suggest to pull my boot down all the way to get it out of the way. What kind of piss poor engineering is this. If I gave my customers crappy answers like this I would be out of business. Needless to say I very disappointed in them and the product. I would think they would be fixing it and letting people know, but all I get is "you're stuck with it..."
I only hope someone else comes out with something better soon....
Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Someone has, check out cooltech
Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Someone with a 6 speed gave me this panel because of that very problem (I have an auto trans, no issues)
Old 04-17-2009, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstrike44
I received one of these with the switches for Christmas. I just now got to install it. First of all I have a manual transmission, this is significant. I don't think their switches fit very good due to the thinnest of the material. Cutting out the holes was another matter, be very careful with the knife! Since the material is very thin it is easy to cut too far. After I got all four of my switches and the clips moved over (pain in the Axx), I snapped it in to place. Didn't look too bad until I move the shifter around....guess what, it actuates the right two switch when shifting into 1st and 3rd. Well this sucks, I don't want to activate light or winch every time I shift. A calm call into Daystar was in order, needless to say they were very short with me and could only suggest to pull my boot down all the way to get it out of the way. What kind of piss poor engineering is this. If I gave my customers crappy answers like this I would be out of business. Needless to say I very disappointed in them and the product. I would think they would be fixing it and letting people know, but all I get is "you're stuck with it..."
I only hope someone else comes out with something better soon....

If you're wanting to sell it maybe PM me and we can work something out?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same panel in my manual trans and when the shifter hits the switches it actually turns the switch off not on and it only hits the far left one when shifting into 5th so I figure when I get lockers it will be on that switch because I would never use lockers in 5th gear anyways
Old 04-17-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very happy with my switch panel from Cooltech!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought one of these and the switches even though I have the 6-speed. but i specifically set out to duplicate the write-up that mounts them above the rearview mirror.

Even if the shifter wasn't in the way, I didn't like having to reach down for the switches.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We did this on the RubyJeep Rhonda's 2008.
Pushed the boot all the way down and put a black wire/zip tie to hold it down.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
If you're wanting to sell it maybe PM me and we can work something out?
I got mine for 1, 16 ounce Busch beer at the east coast JK fest last year

Quick Reply: Daystar Switch Panel