Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar rear tire Isolators.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daystar rear tire Isolators.

Does anyone have the over all length measurement?

I did not put anything in place of the stock one's when I put a 35 inch spare on and my swing out gate is separating at the welds do to the lack of support.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have it mounted on your stock carrier?

I used those when I mounted my 35 on the stock carrier. I have a 35x12.50-17 mounted on a MT Classic II with 4.5" backspacing. I cut one section off the Daystar tailgate bumpstops and everything is snug. I don't know the exact length though. I hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Too late. Your tailgate is already been compromised. Time to take the spare off or get a aftermarket carrier.
Great idea, as soon as I have $1000.00 layin around I'll get one. As for now, I need these little rubber helpers.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an unused set at home if you want---$20 plus shipping...pm me if interested

thanks
joe
Old 10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its not to late Take off your tire before you lose it and order the daystar bump stops and the MBRP reinforcment brackets, all for under 50 bucks , I just installed the brackets and its amazing that the carrier actually holds anything at all. there are eight bolts that have several tiny spot welds on each bolt,at least they could have properly welded the bolts in place. Very secure now as long as the hinges hold up
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sent you a PM---have a set of these for sale if interested...brand new...did not fit for my 33's and got a rear bumper tire carrier---Joe

Quick Reply: Daystar rear tire Isolators.