Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar made my lift install even easier.....

Old 09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They left em out cuz they're not needed...do a search on previous posts on the daystar BB. Oh, and you can make your own brake line bracket extensions.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MELONHED
They left em out cuz they're not needed...do a search on previous posts on the daystar BB. Oh, and you can make your own brake line bracket extensions.
I made some brake lines brackets today. Took a little bit of finangling to get just right, but not hard at all to do. As I did that, I played around raising and lower the 4 corners by the axle and by the frame. I agree. I had it REALLY flexed, and I still was ok without bumpstops. Probably because of stock tires with no wheel spacers. (as mentioned before )

However, word of caution to those doing this kit.... check all your brake lines, wires, etc. I feel some other modifications are needed besides just throwing in the spacers, and calling it done. just my.02
Old 09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I put in my 1 3/4" daystar spacers this afternoon actually.
We are running 1.5" spidertrax adapter/spacers (to 5 on 4.5) and mickey thompson 16x8 streetlock rims with 285/75r16's.

The truck looks much better with this lift on it.
It looked like a lowrider before.

Just curious if you think I'll have issues with the brake lines when flexing?

I plan on keeping the sway bars attached for a while since I really think the tires will rub under full flex.

Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	30081  

Last edited by 07RedX; 09-13-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MELONHED

I don't know the logic here. Yes, there not needed to do a lift with stock tires, but how do you propose that you are gaining any protection from bottoming out on big tires against your fenders. Yes, you pick something up from spring compression, but that is not a guarantee.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Machine154
I don't know the logic here. Yes, there not needed to do a lift with stock tires, but how do you propose that you are gaining any protection from bottoming out on big tires against your fenders. Yes, you pick something up from spring compression, but that is not a guarantee.
I agree, going to bigger tires you'll have to do at least some fender trimming or body lift, or something.

Quick Reply: Daystar made my lift install even easier.....