Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar made my lift install even easier.....

Old 09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Daystar made my lift install even easier.....

by not including bumpstops in the BB kit. I'm kinda pissed, part at myself and part at Daystar. Without the bump stops, I could have spent $100 on the 2 kits(separate front and back kits) instead of $170, shipped.

Here's the best part, their instructions show no bumpstops in the Bill of Material, but then picture them right below in the same freakin instruction sheet - check this out:

This is the same exact kit I ordered: KJ09137

When I was shopping this, sites showed it and listed it with bumpstops, but it appears that they took them out of the kit to save some money.

Anyway, I put the kit on without the stops and will chalk it up as a learning experience and not buy stuff from Daystar again. I am hoping that I am not going to hit too hard on my 33's and damage my fenders.

Last edited by Machine154; 09-12-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is why I went with TeraFlex. Their BB kit has everything, right down to the little things like brake line relocation brackets. I didn't like most kits because of the lack of necessary parts
Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m1ke07jk
this is why I went with TeraFlex. Their BB kit has everything, right down to the little things like brake line relocation brackets. I didn't like most kits because of the lack of necessary parts
Same here the teraflex BB came with everything you could possible need for the install, and there were no modifications needed other than drilling a single hole.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hmmmmm

hmmmm .......that sounds ....

crappie...........

so you got less ... for less....which in the long run can cost you more...

maybe you can change out bump stops without removing the spring ..
Old 09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yendor65
hmmmm .......that sounds ....

crappie...........

so you got less ... for less....which in the long run can cost you more...

maybe you can change out bump stops without removing the spring ..
I'm pretty sure thats never going to happen. The bump stop is bigger than the spring openings
Old 09-12-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have not really looked at them .....how about extensions ?? does any body make them
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same reason I also went with Teraflex. Most complete kit out there.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Machine154
by not including bumpstops in the BB kit. I'm kinda pissed, part at myself and part at Daystar. Without the bump stops, I could have spent $100 on the 2 kits(separate front and back kits) instead of $170, shipped.

Here's the best part, their instructions show no bumpstops in the Bill of Material, but then picture them right below in the same freakin instruction sheet - check this out:

This is the same exact kit I ordered: KJ09137

When I was shopping this, sites showed it and listed it with bumpstops, but it appears that they took them out of the kit to save some money.

Anyway, I put the kit on without the stops and will chalk it up as a learning experience and not buy stuff from Daystar again. I am hoping that I am not going to hit too hard on my 33's and damage my fenders.
Same exact problem here!! Rediculous! Just installed it last night. As they say hindsight is 20/20. although i felt the tereflex 2.5" was a bit tall, without changing a lot of other components.

That does not help things now however!! I have a jeep jamboree in Maine Oct1. So I need to straigten this out before then. I also added Bilstein extended shocks to my daystar 1-3/4" kit. So, now I have to fab. a rear brake line extension (which also comes with the teraflex kit). There was no way it was going to make it to full droop without breaking the lines!!!
Now, the question is will I be ok to run without bumpstops????
I have a 2 door Rubi. I lost about 1/2" due to a LOT of skidplates. added 1-3/4" spacer lift, longer shocks. (So, total lift is about 1- 1 1/2") Running stock tires, and would like to be able to use the factory swaybar disconnect. Is this possible without extended bumpstops? Or am I asking for trouble?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Edit:

Just went out and did final measurements. Did before, and after using a small level from bottom of flender, to floor of carport. I actually got 2" everywhere! I guessing because of the longer shocks?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
Same exact problem here!! Rediculous! Just installed it last night. As they say hindsight is 20/20. although i felt the tereflex 2.5" was a bit tall, without changing a lot of other components.

That does not help things now however!! I have a jeep jamboree in Maine Oct1. So I need to straigten this out before then. I also added Bilstein extended shocks to my daystar 1-3/4" kit. So, now I have to fab. a rear brake line extension (which also comes with the teraflex kit). There was no way it was going to make it to full droop without breaking the lines!!!
Now, the question is will I be ok to run without bumpstops????
I have a 2 door Rubi. I lost about 1/2" due to a LOT of skidplates. added 1-3/4" spacer lift, longer shocks. (So, total lift is about 1- 1 1/2") Running stock tires, and would like to be able to use the factory swaybar disconnect. Is this possible without extended bumpstops? Or am I asking for trouble?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

You will only need the bumpstops for preventing larger tires from whacking fenders. If you are on stock tires, no worries. When you get bigger tires, though, you'll have to pull the springs again just to install the bumpstops, which will be a PITA.

The spacers are very close to 2", which is how you got that gain.

Your factory swaybar disconnect will be fine.

I'm on the factory shocks, but did see how you couldn't gain any extension in the rear without doing something with the lines.

Quick Reply: Daystar made my lift install even easier.....