Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...

Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys have more money than sense? Have you tried the tie wrap fix yet? Like BullsJK said, he tried it and it works. I actually got the tie wraps from him at Long's Ranch a few weeks ago. I haven't seen the hood move since. Just try it. It's cheap and it works.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also ordered them about 3 weeks ago and no word from quadratec yet. I tried removing the spring and it did improve, but the hood still shudders off and on. I actually bought the zip tie straps but as i was putting them on i realized how shitty it would look. I know it's a Jeep but i still don't want it cobbled together with plastic tie straps.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by New-B
I also ordered them about 3 weeks ago and no word from quadratec yet. I tried removing the spring and it did improve, but the hood still shudders off and on. I actually bought the zip tie straps but as i was putting them on i realized how shitty it would look. I know it's a Jeep but i still don't want it cobbled together with plastic tie straps.
I agree. Its a great quick fix but not something I would leave on.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
i ordered mine through 4x4rockshop. they originally said mine would be shipped on or before april 4th.

i did just get an e-mail yesterday saying that the status of my order had been changed from "confirmed/paid" to "shipped." so, it should be here within a couple days.
Interesting. I ordered from the same place and mine still shows "Backordered".

I spoke to a Daystar rep at the Puyallup, Wa 4 Truck & Jeep fest. I picked up a set of these that were on the table and he asked me to put them down because they weren't available at that time. He said they were pouring them that week and would be shipping to vendors in 10-12 days. That was last Sunday, so............
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07rube
Do you guys have more money than sense? Have you tried the tie wrap fix yet? Like BullsJK said, he tried it and it works. I actually got the tie wraps from him at Long's Ranch a few weeks ago. I haven't seen the hood move since. Just try it. It's cheap and it works.
i could put duct tape over the hood. that would be cheaper too.

i also thought about using gorrilla glue to hold it shut, but that would cost more than duct tape.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Default Lol!

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
can you make the picture a tiny bit larger? I can't quite make out the details...

This is why I like this forum.....
Old 04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got an email responce from quadratec today, and they said they won't be in for another 1-2 weeks. which blows since i have two rather long trips coming up in the next two weeks, looks like i might have to resort to the wire tie or better yet duct tape (thanks for the idea mcnaught), for a temporary fix.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok about that whole "getting different answers" stuff. When a shipment is due it is allocated based on outstanding orders. They are probably allocating those that are coming in to earlier orders and later orders are showing they will be fullfilled on the NEXT shipment that is in fact weeks off.

Just FYI from someone who deals with shipping and product fullfillment.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

i received my hood wranglers today. haven't installed them yet, and probably won't get to them until the middle of next week, but i'll post on how they work if someone hasn't done so by then.

Last edited by mcnaught6; 04-24-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Yeah I like the duct tape thing, sounds good! Then hopefully my wood and chicken wire half doors aren't on back order and I will be all set.

Quick Reply: Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...