Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...

Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got to thinking, if the Daystars are that much tougher to get on, the rubber compound must be quite diffrent. Could this potentially lead to a failure in cold weather? Up here it gets REALLY cold and a dry one at that. I'm afraid that these conditions could actually cause these latches to crack. Perhaps I'm just thinking out of my a**
Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Default installed

Originally Posted by Duma3421
Does anyone else have these. if it really eliminates the hood lift, i'll order them right now.

P.S.
The NY Football Giants are awesome!

i installed after driving back from OBX in a hurricane. not that your hood is going to fly off, but the flutter can become annoying on a long trip.

the daystar straps 'lock' the hood down tight - real tight - the front edge/corners of hood are actually compressed togther with zero gap.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kflash
So do you install the zip tie while the hood is latched or just trial and error how tight to make them. I have to admit I am sitting inside and could probably figure this out in the driveway. Input from those having done it is always easier!
Place the zip tie on the latch.

Close the hood securing the latch, and then snug up the zip tie.

Works great.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed these, and holy crap are they tight!!!! No hood lift anymore, but damn, are they eventually just gunna break??
Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Installed hood latches

I just installed the hood wranglers today and I must say they are extremely tight to latch down. Are they going to loosen up just a bit ? I feel I'm going to break something trying to latch these things down.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Give them a week and they'll be good to go. They almost feel like stock latches now, but still no hood lift.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They daystars will loosen up a bit,, mine have but very little,, I think that is due more to its 5f outside.. Also the daystars are poly? and not true rubber? The ones that came off my 08 are very soft and you can see how streched they are.. I'd say whoever is making them for DC is having issues with the rubber compound.. My company has a similar issue with hood hold downs on large mowing units and tracked it down to poor manufacturing at the supplier on the rubber part.. most likely the same supplier..
Old 03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine on for four months and have had my first failure. Anyone else have one break? I emailed Quadratec but haven't heard back. They did work, but....

Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Had mine for almost a year now and no problems! Love having them.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

best thing i've put on my jeep yet. meeting 18 wheelers used to scare the sh!t outta me

Quick Reply: Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...