Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...

Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine lastnight from Quadratec and he said they were in stock and would ship out today................Woooohoooo......
Old 06-18-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Daystar hood latches

I've had mine on for about a month now. They have done the job very well. It was a very cheap fix for a simple problem. I highly recommend this product.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put mine on today.

Man, I thought they were too short or something, when trying to latch the hood! Had to bring most of my powers to lock them, but damn - they do their job! Goodbye hood-flap!!!

Highly recommended!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want these for Christmas.... It sounds like they are working well for everyone... I took the front air dam off under the bumper and it has turned my hood into a jumping bean.

This website is awesome.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

got a 07 no problems.. wonder if everyone has it?
Old 11-28-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Empty Every Pocket
I want these for Christmas...
Originally Posted by SilverSaharaJK
got a 07 no problems.. wonder if everyone has it?
Every JK has this problem unless some action has been taken to stop it. However, the conditions need to be just right to see it. In Oklahoma, those conditions occur quite often: Two lane highway driving, oncoming truck traffic, heavy crosswinds. Other conditions can cause it, too. I've seen it headed down a four lane Interstate with high headwinds.

There are many fixes. This one works, is very cheap, doesn't take away the spring that raises the hood when opening it, and doesn't take a crow bar to latch--use 11" zip-ties:

Old 11-28-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

zip ties? Do you cut them everytime you lift your hood? little confused on the set up?
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by AV9Inch
zip ties? Do you cut them everytime you lift your hood? little confused on the set up?
No, you don't cut them. This picture wasn't for this purpose, but if you take a close look at the passenger side I think you'll see how they're installed. Don't make them too tight or you won't be able to latch the hood without breaking the tie.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good and easy fix Mark - I might have to try that. Just pretty much eliminates the elasticity of the latch.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JackMac4
That's a good and easy fix Mark - I might have to try that. Just pretty much eliminates the elasticity of the latch.
Close, but not exactly. It just places a limit to the elasticity. If you make the zip-ties too tight (eliminating the elasticity), then you can't get the latches to engage without breaking the ties. You can see they are loose in that second image. If you haven't got your's fixed up by next weekend, I might just have to do it for you (I did RescueX's when he was in town a couple months ago).

Quick Reply: Daystar "Hood Wrangler" replacement hood latches...