Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DayStar hood latches - A MUST HAVE !!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine only does it when the wind kicking up while driving on the Interstate. However when it does do it, it certainly gets my attention. Puts my wife on heighten alert of how fast we are going. Not good. Better order some of these things.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good $25 mod. The hood flutter, even though I dont know of any hood that popped open, is major distraction as you pass an 18 wheeler on the highway at 70mph
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

removed spring... works great for me....
Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Tested mine on the highway today and just wanted to confirm they work. Rolled by a rig or two around 65-70 range and not a flutter in sight!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine have been on for almost 2 years, and it was the best thing I have done to the Jeep for peace of mind. You can remove the spring and hope, try zip ties and rig it, or just suck it up and spend the $25 to do it right. And as my dear old dad always said,"Any job worth doing, is worth doing right."
Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiDude
Just got mine replaced under warranty...figured I would try that before spending my money on something that they should've done right in the first place!

Did the dealer put on tighter latches? I have to take mine in soon due to it grinding when I shift into 2nd. I might as well give them a list of things while they have it.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
You should do the zip-tie mod in the meantime. Two 11" zip ties and five minutes time.
Without a doubt, zip ties are always in my JK. It's amazing how useful they can be. To the OP, these Daystar latches were my first mod. Best mod so far. Highly recommended for every JK.

Quick Reply: DayStar hood latches - A MUST HAVE !!