Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar Hood Latches...If you have them...

Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, put these bad boys on and got them closed. Will see if the hood lift disappears now.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had the same experience. Very hard to get the Daystars latched the first time. Maybe if it was over 20 degrees outside it would have been easier. I used a hair dryer to warm them up and the finally gave in and latched. I sure hope they get easier over time.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who works at the jeep dearler(mechanic) and he said under warranty there is a TSB for replacement ones....as long as you make a complaint about it. My next service is due and I will update how that goes.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
I have a friend who works at the jeep dearler(mechanic) and he said under warranty there is a TSB for replacement ones....as long as you make a complaint about it. My next service is due and I will update how that goes.
The TSB is only for 2009 vehicles which seems odd since most people with issues seem to 07-08's. I tried that path as well and the dealer wouldn't even sell me the recall part for my 08.

Quick Reply: Daystar Hood Latches...If you have them...