Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar Hood Latches...If you have them...

Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daystar Hood Latches...If you have them...

I just got the daystar hood latches and having difficulty with the install. I noticed that the replacement bands are shorter than the original. I assume this is how the hood lift is eliminated however for the life of me, I cant get the hood latched with them. I think they are a bit too short. For those of you that have these, is this the way it should be? In order to get the hood closed, I think I have to muscle it but Im afraid of causing some sort of damage.

I double checked and the package says for the JK model and I received it sealed so its not a shipping error.

Thanks! Just wanted to throw it around here before I decide to return these things. I already broke off the pins on the original latches as per the instructions so Im stuck with using the bolts to attach the original latches.

Bubba
Old 10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

If all else fails, new oem latches run only about 10-15 bucks. Just an FYI. Good luck!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

first make sure the flat end is down towards the fender
they are very tight at first, almost to the impossible to get latched point, but they will latch, and they do stretch, so they get much easier
Old 10-13-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myklt8
they are very tight at first, almost to the impossible to get latched point, but they will latch, and they do stretch, so they get much easier
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure. Ill give it another go and see if Im going to keep them or send them back. I have the flat sides toward the fender so all is good on that end.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

I left mine in the package on the hood of the Jeep in the sun while I took the OEM ones off...took my time...by the time I put them on, they were pretty flexible. Firm, but snapped on no prob. Eliminated my flutter 100%....been over a year in Vegas weather and they're still great!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

X2. Brute force to latch them first time, you shouldn't damage anything by forcing them on. They're well worth getting and work like they are intended.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was my experience too. Now they latch like the originals, but absolutely no hood lift/flutter. They should have been original equipment.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Jedi

Brute force brother
Old 10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I havent had a problem with mine and they did stop the high speed hood flutter I had before. Good product. Youd think Jeep could figure that one out for themselves...:(

Flash
Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

how much are these bad boys cause that hood lifting up and down drives me crazy..

Quick Reply: Daystar Hood Latches...If you have them...