Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dashcam Help!

Old 05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashcam Help!

So, first I'm LOVING my new JKUR! Been having tonnes of fun with it. I've had the front panels of the Freedom Top off but now it's time to remove the top completely and get out and enjoy the weather. The issue I have is that I have both front and rear blackbox cameras mounted in my Jeep. They record 24/7 (necessary here in Korea). My problem is that my rear camera is attached to the rear window of my hard top... I want to remove the top but not lose my camera. I've been trying to think of another place I could mount it (either full time or just part time when the hard top is off). Do you guys have any suggestions??

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's possible to mount one behind the spare wheel with the lens pointing through the hole in the centre of the wheel. It's not very noticeable there, either, which is good.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Previous owner of mine removed the key cylinder on the tailgate and mounted a camera in the hole. I'll post a photo when I get home.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Ideally I'd like to use the current camera I have as it works in tandem with the front dashcam and both are displayed on the monitor on the front dashcam as well. Here's a pic of the one I have on the rear now. If you can see it's simply attached to the windo with some 3m tape (how the dealer had it instlled).

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400719240861.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	554672

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Dashcam Help!