Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana ultimate 60s show and tell

Old 10-29-2016, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my set so much, I convinced a friend to get a set too. There's a chance you could have minor issues come up depending on your setup. Here's what we experienced....

1 - These axles are W I D E, however the fronts have huge knuckles which is where all the extra width comes from. They are actually narrower than stock when measuring from inner C to inner C by about an inch and a half. Because of this, coilover and or coilover/bypass shock mounting can be tricky but very doable.

2 - Due to axle tube diameter, most brackets available on the market do not fit without modifying. Not something everyone will run into but just know that it is a possibility.

3 - Those running piggy back shock in the rear (primarily with King Coilovers but possible with other setups), make sure to check the clearance between the left rear reservoir and the bolt holding the trackbar to the mount. This becomes more of an issue if running the rear axle further back (in the wheelwells) from stock.

4 - The housings have webbing for added strength that may have clearance issues with some skid plate systems like Rock Hard. We had to cut the corner off of the skid to clear the housing.

There's a lot of little things that could pop up but you have to expect stuff like this when modifying your Jeep, not to mention hard core equipment is rarely bolt in.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Used centramatic wheel balancers.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Machetes + Nitto Trail Grappers = No weights needed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	UD60s and Machetes.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	659963
Old 10-29-2016, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boosted
Love my set so much, I convinced a friend to get a set too. There's a chance you could have minor issues come up depending on your setup. Here's what we experienced.... 1 - These axles are W I D E, however the fronts have huge knuckles which is where all the extra width comes from. They are actually narrower than stock when measuring from inner C to inner C by about an inch and a half. Because of this, coilover and or coilover/bypass shock mounting can be tricky but very doable. 2 - Due to axle tube diameter, most brackets available on the market do not fit without modifying. Not something everyone will run into but just know that it is a possibility. 3 - Those running piggy back shock in the rear (primarily with King Coilovers but possible with other setups), make sure to check the clearance between the left rear reservoir and the bolt holding the trackbar to the mount. This becomes more of an issue if running the rear axle further back (in the wheelwells) from stock. 4 - The housings have webbing for added strength that may have clearance issues with some skid plate systems like Rock Hard. We had to cut the corner off of the skid to clear the housing. There's a lot of little things that could pop up but you have to expect stuff like this when modifying your Jeep, not to mention hard core equipment is rarely bolt in.
so your saying the ultimates will not have a wider stance than rubicon dana 44s? I ran my rubicon's with 2inch g2 spacers wouldnyounguysnrecommendna wheel spacer on the ultimates or is that overkill?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:39 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
so your saying the ultimates will not have a wider stance than rubicon dana 44s? I ran my rubicon's with 2inch g2 spacers wouldnyounguysnrecommendna wheel spacer on the ultimates or is that overkill?

When you include the outer c's, then overall it will be wider. And if you run the 2 inch adapters to go from 8x6.5 to 5.5 it will be even wider....
Old 10-29-2016, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Nope, not saying that at all. The overall width is about 4" wider or 2" on each side than a stock front axle assembly, including your Rubicon. Even with the inner C to inner C being narrower than stock, what makes this assembly 4" wider is the enormous knuckles or "outer" C's as some call it.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

While in Moab last weekend I spent some time looking a set of these over, installed on a newer JKUR. Owner was very pleased with the install, said it was essentially plug & play, just had to set up his e-locker switches. He was running a basically out of the box Teraflex 6" long arm and MTR/K 40s.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJ1
When you include the outer c's, then overall it will be wider. And if you run the 2 inch adapters to go from 8x6.5 to 5.5 it will be even wider....
I'm not running adapater I bought 8 lugs but I might do 2 inch spacers too. All see Monday it's going down!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at these and there is one piece of info that I can not find. Maybe someone here knows.

On the front UD60, is there additional caster and pinion angle built in. I found that the Dynatrac 60 has 10 degrees of angle between the pinion and the C's so you can keep a decent caster angle and still point the pinion up based on your lift.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Factory axle wms is 65in
UD 60's wms is 69in

4 inches wider

20x10 atx slabs w/ 3.6in backspace. 40x15.50 nitto mud grapplers puts me at 90inches wide
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-33302864.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	659972  

Quick Reply: Dana ultimate 60s show and tell