Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana Rubi 44 to PR44 swaps, I want to hear from you

Old 03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Rubi 44 to PR44 swaps, I want to hear from you

If you swapped out the internals from a front Rubicon D44 to a PR44 I'd like to hear if you did it your self and how hard it was....
Old 03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't be hard the housing internals and mounts are the same its just thicker tubes with beefy c's ...

Out of one into the next if you haven't upgraded ball joints look at synergy or dynatrac and do new while your there it'll save you grief later...

Good luck and congrats

Carrier ring/pinion would be the trickiest as far as setting them aside of that the rest is straight forward....
Old 03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpinned
Shouldn't be hard the housing internals and mounts are the same its just thicker tubes with beefy c's ...

Out of one into the next if you haven't upgraded ball joints look at synergy or dynatrac and do new while your there it'll save you grief later...

Good luck and congrats

Carrier ring/pinion would be the trickiest as far as setting them aside of that the rest is straight forward....
Thanks. I'm basically trying to decide whether I can do this myself or how much I'm going to have to spend to have someone else do it. If it involves the same type of procedure as re-gearing, I would definitely not feel comfortable with doing it myself. Anything bolt-on, I'd feel confident doing. I've swapped a transfer case before, installed a coil lift in driveway, and changed out OEM driveshaft for 1310 Coast.

Quick Reply: Dana Rubi 44 to PR44 swaps, I want to hear from you