Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana 60's

Old 08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dana 60's

Well after months of reviewing and reading up on all brands and options I have finally ordered my Dana 60's. Thanks to all the threads trying to figure out what gearing and locker to use and brand of coarse. I'm going with the Dana 60 G2 Rock Jock with 4:88 and ARB'S front and rear. Hopefully a great decision.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Full float? Lug pattern? Axle width? What size tires?
Old 08-05-2016, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

I don't think it's a full float. 5on 5 bolt pattern from what I see factory length. And with the 4:88 and my terd 3.8 37" is the best. Was thinking 40's but I also contacted the outfit that will be doing my diesel conversion and he recommended that gearing for either 37's or 40's with the B4.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your in Colorado. Who's doing your diesel conversion?
Old 08-05-2016, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have 2 options. One bruiser has an affiliate in Wyoming I do believe. They are the ones I talked with over the phone. But my mechanic that works on all my company trucks says he can do it as well. He is out of Pueblo. Called Precision Autoworkz.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

I dont mean to sound rude but I think you made a mistake by going semi float as it is a marginal improvement at best. If you are shelling out that kind of cash, a full float is definitely the way to go.

I have an supercharged 3.8 in mine and 5.13s were definitely the way to go with 37s up here at altitude. I dont think the 4.88s are going to give you enough umph until you do your engine swap.

Lastly, I dont know what county you live in so it may not matter, but I am almost positive a diesel swap wont pass emissions if you are in Denver.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
I dont mean to sound rude but I think you made a mistake by going semi float as it is a marginal improvement at best. If you are shelling out that kind of cash, a full float is definitely the way to go. I have an supercharged 3.8 in mine and 5.13s were definitely the way to go with 37s up here at altitude. I dont think the 4.88s are going to give you enough umph until you do your engine swap. Lastly, I dont know what county you live in so it may not matter, but I am almost positive a diesel swap wont pass emissions if you are in Denver.
Not rude one bit, in fact I'm glad someone said it because I was biting my tongue. I've never understood putting a semi float 60 in the rear. The only time I've "understood" people doing that is because they have a 44 in the front and are trying to maintain the same bolt pattern.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Not rude one bit, in fact I'm glad someone said it because I was biting my tongue. I've never understood putting a semi float 60 in the rear. The only time I've "understood" people doing that is because they have a 44 in the front and are trying to maintain the same bolt pattern.
Even then it's not really logical.. The rear 44 is plenty strong enough when comparing to a semi float rear 60. Yes you get a stronger rear pinion and housing but thanks to weak unit bearings your limited to a 37 max tire size... Plenty of guys keep the rear 44 locked or not and at most you see bent shafts, but just throw in some chromo's and good to go. Is it stronger? Yes... But to what extent and cost... Maintaining a rear 44 is much cheaper than replacing it with a semi float while staying with a 37 max. It just seems like money gone without any real gain
Old 08-08-2016, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twinz33
Even then it's not really logical.. The rear 44 is plenty strong enough when comparing to a semi float rear 60. Yes you get a stronger rear pinion and housing but thanks to weak unit bearings your limited to a 37 max tire size... Plenty of guys keep the rear 44 locked or not and at most you see bent shafts, but just throw in some chromo's and good to go. Is it stronger? Yes... But to what extent and cost... Maintaining a rear 44 is much cheaper than replacing it with a semi float while staying with a 37 max. It just seems like money gone without any real gain
Completely agree. Hence the quotes around "understood". It's the only way I can make sense of it. Lol
Old 08-08-2016, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Here is what I ordered.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-273619406.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	654187  

Quick Reply: Dana 60's