Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana 60 build and swap

Old 12-15-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's badass man. Aside from jeeping, I also race mx and we have started to see air forks used on a few bikes. Like u said, to change ur setting all u gotta do is hook a bike pump on it which is insane. Thanks for the info
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmb927
That's badass man. Aside from jeeping, I also race mx and we have started to see air forks used on a few bikes. Like u said, to change ur setting all u gotta do is hook a bike pump on it which is insane. Thanks for the info
No you have to use nitrogen so that temp change won't affect your rates or height and depending on the weight of you jeep the pressures can get higher I run 300 psi on the upper part of my shocks in the front and 100 psi on the lower then in the rear I run 310 over 150 currently
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also with these shocks you don't need bumpstops cause they are built-in
Old 12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Built in bump stops justify the price difference
Old 12-15-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Built in bump stops justify the price difference
Yeah it is what really made me choose them also and the ability to change spring rates in a matter of minutes did too and I figured if I didn't Like them is just sell em and buy coilovers but I'm totally happy and with just a bit more tuning ill have them perfect
Old 12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

And you just keep a nitrogen bottle in the rig erh what? I saw an xtreme 4x4 where they were building a trail runner rig out of a 2500 with a utility bed and they had a nitrogen bottle with a release valve or some missile on it. I'm thinkin the same thing could be done to a jeep if you wanted to adjust on a trek
Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Btw I really like your rig and mr dirty's. I'm doing a motor swap this summer hopefully and eventually converting some 60'sout of a 2nd gen dodge but anyway.. I've had my jeep for half a year now and the possibilities are endless
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what "air forks" are, but I'll take a guess that they work like an air shock? Air shocks really aren't in our realm due to the weight. The ORIs are not air shocks, they are struts. They have very different characteristics. Take some time and search on PBB, you'll find more info there on these, but all one should ever really need to know is that it's true.... it does feel like riding on a cloud of titties!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

And you just keep a nitrogen bottle in the rig erh what? I saw an xtreme 4x4 where they were building a trail runner rig out of a 2500 with a utility bed and they had a nitrogen bottle with a release valve or some missile on it. I'm thinkin the same thing could be done to a jeep if you wanted to adjust on a trek
Yeah I keep a small tank and regulator strapped in the back when I go out on the trails just until I get the tuning just right where I want it or in case of emergency cause I don't have onboard air I can use the tank to fill tires in a snap. I have a crossbar between my shock towers in the rear and I just ratchet strap the tank right to it
Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Not sure what "air forks" are, but I'll take a guess that they work like an air shock? Air shocks really aren't in our realm due to the weight. The ORIs are not air shocks, they are struts. They have very different characteristics. Take some time and search on PBB, you'll find more info there on these, but all one should ever really need to know is that it's true.... it does feel like riding on a cloud of titties!
Yeah like he said cloud of titties and the 14 week wait was well worth it so if you do choose to go with them plan accordingly cause you will be waiting at least 12 weeks after you buy them unless they have found a way to speed up production or they have got caught up on the orders

Quick Reply: Dana 60 build and swap