Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana 60 build and swap

Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good man.

Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me what she weights and what the pressures you finally settled at with your shocks.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Looking good man.

Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me what she weights and what the pressures you finally settled at with your shocks.
I haven't weighed it yet but I'm running 310 over 120 in front and 290 over 100 in rear
Old 12-04-2013, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wildace
I haven't weighed it yet but I'm running 310 over 120 in front and 290 over 100 in rear
Are you at even pressure, side to side?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Had to run out to the shop to get my numbers.... but I'm guessing mine weighs near 5k and showing seven on a 14 and 16.

My shocks are at 100/450 - 100/300 in the front and 100/240 - 100/350 in the rear.

Confusing to me for sure, but they seem to work.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had to run out to the shop to get my numbers.... but I'm guessing mine weighs near 5k and showing seven on a 14 and 16.

My shocks are at 100/450 - 100/300 in the front and 100/240 - 100/350 in the rear.

Confusing to me for sure, but they seem to work.
I might run down to the scale this weekend and see but I do need to re adjust my pressures cause they seem a little stiff now that its cold out also do you have the single or double fill charge kit
Old 12-04-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you at even pressure, side to side?
Yeah I run even pressure it seems to handle on the roads better that way
Old 12-05-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

I might run down to the scale this weekend and see but I do need to re adjust my pressures cause they seem a little stiff now that its cold out also do you have the single or double fill charge kit
I've got the double fill kit.... used a buddy's single when we were setting it up and knew I wanted the double right there. But... with separate side to side pressures, I'm guessing it's not as nice as it could be. I'm holding off making any kind of radical changes until they've been broken in. As I understand it, a properly broken in set should be completely compressible and extendable by hand.

I'm interested in your weight.... I know mine's pretty fat, so it'd be nice to compare. I might get a chance to weigh her this coming Thursday at a buddies scale. I'll post up the result if I actually get it over there.

Yeah I run even pressure it seems to handle on the roads better that way
Running even I'm not getting the same shaft showing... so a little droopy to one side. Actually might be smart to run like that.... if I get it on the opposite side I favor rolling to.

Last edited by ABENDX; 12-05-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the double fill kit.... used a buddy's single when we were setting it up and knew I wanted the double right there. But... with separate side to side pressures, I'm guessing it's not as nice as it could be. I'm holding off making any kind of radical changes until they've been broken in. As I understand it, a properly broken in set should be completely compressible and extendable by hand.
Yeah after a few miles they will loosen up alot and feel like pillows after you get the pressures where you need them, I ran over a parking lot meadian with 8 inch curbs at 25 mph when some d-bag was trying block me in the business park where I work and I barely noticed I hit it. Also don't forget to adjust the rebound mine were all set to the max stiffness when I got them and once I turned them down I had to adjust pressure again
Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm interested in your weight.... I know mine's pretty fat, so it'd be nice to compare. I might get a chance to weigh her this coming Thursday at a buddies scale. I'll post up the result if I actually get it over there.

Running even I'm not getting the same shaft showing... so a little droopy to one side. Actually might be smart to run like that.... if I get it on the opposite side I favor rolling to.
Where do you have your shocks located in the rear?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Yeah after a few miles they will loosen up alot and feel like pillows after you get the pressures where you need them, I ran over a parking lot meadian with 8 inch curbs at 25 mph when some d-bag was trying block me in the business park where I work and I barely noticed I hit it. Also don't forget to adjust the rebound mine were all set to the max stiffness when I got them and once I turned them down I had to adjust pressure again
Yeah... I noticed that too. Shakedown on the rig was done in St George. Running over some of those rutted roads would have broken me at 5mph on the coils... now I can do 50 and feel nothing, with full control of the rig. Who knows where more motor would put it?

I'll have to look at the rebound once they're broken in and then tune.

Where do you have your shocks located in the rear?
Can't find anything good to show off as she stands now, so here's one from the build to give you an idea. Not sure I could explain better than with this visual.

Quick Reply: Dana 60 build and swap