Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana 30 Leak

Old 03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem on my old CJ (D44). I think I overfilled it and after tiping (articulating) when hot, the seal failed. Sounds like a fairly easy, but inconvenient and messy fix. I wonder if those fancy external billet aluminum seals would hold better...?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would drain it, put in some inexpensive gear oil and take to be fixed under warranty at the dealership
Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VBS4
I would drain it, put in some inexpensive gear oil and take to be fixed under warranty at the dealership

Its got 4.88 Gears and an ARB air locker in it. I dont think they will fix it under warranty. That would be nice of them though.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mizedog
I had the same problem on my old CJ (D44). I think I overfilled it and after tiping (articulating) when hot, the seal failed. Sounds like a fairly easy, but inconvenient and messy fix. I wonder if those fancy external billet aluminum seals would hold better...?

I dont know about the external seals although that would be an easy fix. But i cant see having to put 3 gallons of diff fluid in it to fill up the axle tube to get the depth of fluid correct in the diff. LOL

Quick Reply: Dana 30 Leak