Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Damaged Pinch Seam Area and body below the doors.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damaged Pinch Seam Area and body below the doors.

I over the weekend I was building character lol and bent my pinch seam a good amoun right near the two middle holes. I also put some small dents right below the passenger and driver side doors above the pinch. All this happens the week before my genright sliders come in. Go figure lol.
So now the two holes on the pinch I need to mount my sliders won't line up.

Any recommendations on how to bend the seams back to normal so I can install my sliders?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can use a cresent wrench and bend it back to strait at least and then just drill new wholes where the slider bolts need to go through... Other than that you might be able to put a slide hammer in the holes and pull the pinch seam down if you pushed it up. Better suggestions could be made if there was pictures of the carnage.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Well instead of going through all the @$$ pain of doing that I just drilled two separate holes to use instead. Worked out great!!! I'll post pics when I get them all done

Quick Reply: Damaged Pinch Seam Area and body below the doors.