Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daily driver Suspension lift

Old 09-01-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the rc 2.5 spacer lift its okay for what you pay for it rides the same as stock no better no worse. Just for looks and allows you to clear bigger tires. No advantages with it offroad. [attach=config]205426[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	205426  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Rusty's Off-Road

A couple of inexpensive options as well.
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=JKKITS

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=JKKITS

Good luck!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys. I was leaning towards leveling kit, but I know I'll end up getting larger tires once these wear out. So I'm thinking 2.5" BB or 2.5" coil by Teraflex....decisions decisions
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

i have 4 in skyjacker with mid arms under my 4 door jk with 35in tires and i was shocked at how well it rides compared to my buddies 3.5 lift that is bds. I know jeeps are not designed to go fast but i wanted to see what it would do and it hit 100 mph down hill of course and i had no vibration or rattles i am more than 150% satisfied i love it . And will suggest this to everyone.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RC 2 1/2" BB on mine with the shock adapters. Works perfect for what I need. I have even had this on an 7 or 8 /10 trail and had no real issues and that was before I had the larger tires. This lift is solid steel. There are no 'pucks' in this lift. It is almost 3/16" coated steel. This is heavy duty and I am happy with what I received. Only thing I wasn't impressed with was the thickness of the front shock extender brackets. They were a little too thin. I will be swapping out the shocks for new ones but only when the old ones fail.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RC 2.5 BB lift.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	207540  
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rokklymer
I have the RC 2 1/2" BB on mine with the shock adapters. Works perfect for what I need. I have even had this on an 7 or 8 /10 trail and had no real issues and that was before I had the larger tires. This lift is solid steel. There are no 'pucks' in this lift. It is almost 3/16" coated steel. This is heavy duty and I am happy with what I received. Only thing I wasn't impressed with was the thickness of the front shock extender brackets. They were a little too thin. I will be swapping out the shocks for new ones but only when the old ones fail.
Have you had any issues with handling? Or did you have a rear tracbar bracket?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have a Rock Krawler 2.5" suspension lift (Stock Mod), with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I also opted for the Rock Krawler front lower control arms. My Jeep is a 2007 2-door Sahara.

It's also my daily driver, and the lift hasn't been a problem at all (you get closer to 3", maybe 3-1/2 on a 2-door with stock bumpers, I think, although it'll probably settle some). It takes a little getting used to in terms of the driving, because the lift changes performance a little (the engine seems to "growl" a bit more, if that makes sense), but it drives well and handles about the same --if not better than-- stock. I also replaced my stock 32 tires with 33's (18 inch stock wheels), which made a difference also in terms of both height and handling (the old tires were getting bald).

Sounds obvious, but it didn't occur to me at first: The lift makes it a little harder to get in, particularly for the passenger, so a grab handle is handy. I have rock rails from Ace that work as a step, but if you're going to rely on a rock rail as a step, make sure you put some grip tape on there (they get slippery when they're wet). The Ace rails didn't have anything, so I cut some strips out of a sheet of grip material that you put on skateboards (sporting good stores sell that, usually --it's like sand paper).

No regrets about the lift, though, even with the Jeep being my DD. You'll like it once it's done.

A lot of discussions about body lift vs. suspension lift. I went with suspension because I thought it was a better long-terms investment, since I read that a lot of folks who use a body lift seem to eventually upgrade to a suspension lift. Rock Krawler also lets you upgrade without changing all the parts (I'm guessing the other folks like Teraflex do that also), so if you decide to lift higher, it probably won't cost you as much. The RK kit also included front disconnects, which are handy.

If you're just going for looks, I'm guessing a body lift would be just fine, and it's cheaper. For off-road, suspension lifts seem to be recommended more, at least from the research I did. I'm not a big off-roader, but I'm working on it, so the lift helps with that as well.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdewinter
I have a Rock Krawler 2.5" suspension lift (Stock Mod), with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I also opted for the Rock Krawler front lower control arms. My Jeep is a 2007 2-door Sahara.

It's also my daily driver, and the lift hasn't been a problem at all (you get closer to 3", maybe 3-1/2 on a 2-door with stock bumpers, I think, although it'll probably settle some). It takes a little getting used to in terms of the driving, because the lift changes performance a little (the engine seems to "growl" a bit more, if that makes sense), but it drives well and handles about the same --if not better than-- stock. I also replaced my stock 32 tires with 33's (18 inch stock wheels), which made a difference also in terms of both height and handling (the old tires were getting bald).

Sounds obvious, but it didn't occur to me at first: The lift makes it a little harder to get in, particularly for the passenger, so a grab handle is handy. I have rock rails from Ace that work as a step, but if you're going to rely on a rock rail as a step, make sure you put some grip tape on there (they get slippery when they're wet). The Ace rails didn't have anything, so I cut some strips out of a sheet of grip material that you put on skateboards (sporting good stores sell that, usually --it's like sand paper).

No regrets about the lift, though, even with the Jeep being my DD. You'll like it once it's done.

A lot of discussions about body lift vs. suspension lift. I went with suspension because I thought it was a better long-terms investment, since I read that a lot of folks who use a body lift seem to eventually upgrade to a suspension lift. Rock Krawler also lets you upgrade without changing all the parts (I'm guessing the other folks like Teraflex do that also), so if you decide to lift higher, it probably won't cost you as much. The RK kit also included front disconnects, which are handy.

If you're just going for looks, I'm guessing a body lift would be just fine, and it's cheaper. For off-road, suspension lifts seem to be recommended more, at least from the research I did. I'm not a big off-roader, but I'm working on it, so the lift helps with that as well.
Awesome, thanks for the info. It helps alot!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my AEV 3.5" on 35s
Old 09-16-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't get a budget boost...it's crap

get a lift with springs and shocks. I have the 2.5 TF springs and shocks and love it.
Check out my link in sig for pics

Quick Reply: Daily driver Suspension lift