Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daily driver and a lift...

Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I went with the teraflex leveling kit. Love the.not stock look of my jeep, with 33s, wheel spacers and I'm adding monroe monotubes to make it better on and off road. Imo, the most cost effective setup that increases both on and off road performance.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive 100 miles a day, 2-4 days a week in the jk.

2.5" Rock Krawler with Bilstein 5100s and 35s

Pros:
-Feels extremely stable and sporty
-great off road

Cons:
-Jarring on rough roads gets old fast
-15mpg

I'd much rather have a plush ride for the daily commute.thie ain't it.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ezk,

get different shocks. run OME and you will be much happier. is the rockkrawler springs or spacers? also, what pressure you running your tires at.?

I think most of your problem is probably too much air, and the bilstiens. they are way stiff for comfort on the daily commute.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
ezk,

get different shocks. run OME and you will be much happier. is the rockkrawler springs or spacers? also, what pressure you running your tires at.?

I think most of your problem is probably too much air, and the bilstiens. they are way stiff for comfort on the daily commute.
It's springs. 25-27psi. As an experiment for better mileage I pumped them to 32psi last week and received 0 mpg better and a way rougher ride.

Maybe I'll try OME for my next shocks.

Quick Reply: Daily driver and a lift...