Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D60's. Dynatrac or Currie? Anyone else?

Old 01-10-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D60's. Dynatrac or Currie? Anyone else?

I read the Dynatrac site and I liked what I saw.

I read the Currie information here, and I liked what I read (I like the 5 on 5 bolt pattern, etc.).

Anyone else making fronts and rears?

The Dynatrac has the old school hubs that you turn to lock or unlock. Would I still be able to leave the hubs locked and select 2wd from inside while on the trails when I didn't need 4wd (then unlock them for the ride home outside).

Dynatrac also doesn't mention if they are 5 on 5. I just ordered new rims and don't want to do it again! heheh.

Question: If you were going to pull the trigger on these, who would you buy, and why?

Seth.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's a tough question. I had a Dynatrac 44 on my TJ, I loved it, never worried about it, and it was a tough SOB. The unlocking hubs are kinda cool, it's an option you don't have to have with the Dynatrac, Id call about the 5 on 5. As for your trail plan it would depend on your differential. I never had a Currie but I they are top notch too.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Dynatrac and Currie are quality manufacturers.

Both will build with ANY bolt pattern you want.

Both will build with or without locking hubs.

Both make front and rear axles.

Both will take longer to deliver than they qoute.

AND their are litterally dozens of other quality axle builders out there all over the nation.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok....

the next question then being they are relatively equal in building bullet proof axles:

Should one get external locking hubs or not.

.... and....

Should one stick with the 5 on 5 (I would like to, but am curious if it sacrifices anything).

Thank-you,
Seth.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubberDucky
Ok....

the next question then being they are relatively equal in building bullet proof axles:

Should one get external locking hubs or not.

.... and....

Should one stick with the 5 on 5 (I would like to, but am curious if it sacrifices anything).

Thank-you,
Seth.
I would get locking hubs. Should you break a shaft you could unlock a hub. With the hubs unlocked the daily wear on the drivetrain is reduced.

5 on 5 is simply a personal choice. I would go either 5 on 5.5 or 8 lug to gain access to a much larger wheel selection.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

If you are running a front 60 with 60 outters you will have to run 5 on 5 1/2 just not enough room to fit 5 on 5. You will also need a 4-1/2 bore center on the wheel. If you run the 60 with the stock JK outters you can retain the factory bolt pattern.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Has anyone got the ESP to work with new axles?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Has anyone got the ESP to work with new axles?
Everything works with the factory sensors.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
If you are running a front 60 with 60 outters you will have to run 5 on 5 1/2 just not enough room to fit 5 on 5. You will also need a 4-1/2 bore center on the wheel. If you run the 60 with the stock JK outters you can retain the factory bolt pattern.
Is it a lot weaker if I don't run the 60 outers? Are they 44 outers? are they beefed up at all? Would this defeat some of the purpose to a 60?

I don't really want to buy yet more rims (but I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world).

What would I be sacrificing?

Seth
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RubberDucky
Is it a lot weaker if I don't run the 60 outers? Are they 44 outers? are they beefed up at all? Would this defeat some of the purpose to a 60?

I don't really want to buy yet more rims (but I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world).

What would I be sacrificing?

Seth
Yes, the 60 outters are much stronger.

The weakest part of a 30 or 44 s the 2.5" tubes, so the 60 housing will be a huge improvement.

If you are running 37's or larger and you are heavy on the right pedal, go with the 60 outters!!

Quick Reply: D60's. Dynatrac or Currie? Anyone else?