Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D30 Nitro Sleeves install help

Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D30 Nitro Sleeves install help

Would really appreciate some advice, and possibly walk-through on installing Nitro sleeves in a D30 axle. I am no slouch with a wrench and realize these are"pound in" sleeves. Was hoping someone could give me a step by step procedure for what needs to be disassembled and a general 'how to' for installing these sleeves. I've never installed these and would like to have a good idea of what will be involved. Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this??

http://youtu.be/BOnQ8uLnTOw
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE="maine07jk;3321185"]How about this?? sent you a pm
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maine07jk
Thank you. I watched this the other day, and I guess I'm more curious about what's involved with taking everything apart to get to where you're ready to start pounding away. Any ball joint removal? Does the axle shaft just slide out? etc. thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

You don't need to remove the ball joints just take off the tire remove the brake caliper unit bearing and take out the axle drain out the diff fluid and clean the inside of the tube do one side at a time and put the sleeves in a freezer or if you live somewhere really cold outside for a day before you install you are gonna need a heavy sledge hammer a race driver set and a 3 ft long pipe with cap that you can buy at lowes in the plumbing section don't forget some anti seize its a pain in the ass and it took me and my buddy a few hours but once there in there is no way they will ever come out
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dig around the forum for more info on what we used when we made the video. With the tool that Familytime made and a 20 lb sledge we got it down to 7 or 8 hits. Do one side at a time with the tire on the ground on the other side. You don't need to drain the diff fluid, but make sure when you clean the axle tube that you don't damage the seal that is in the axle tube by the diff. Also be careful when reinstalling the axle.

Quick Reply: D30 Nitro Sleeves install help