Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D30 bent!!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D30 bent!!

So I have realized today that my front D30 has succumbed to my heavy foot and 37's. The tires have been on since Xmas day so it didn't take much. Is my bent housing the reason for vibration I am feeling that is very inconsistent on what triggers it or how violent it is? Figuring out trying to get a tow rig/ daily driver and a new PR44 from northridge but the navy only pays so much, and thanks to the government it's not gonna get any better for the next couple years.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LBJEEPER
So I have realized today that my front D30 has succumbed to my heavy foot and 37's. The tires have been on since Xmas day so it didn't take much. Is my bent housing the reason for vibration I am feeling that is very inconsistent on what triggers it or how violent it is? Figuring out trying to get a tow rig/ daily driver and a new PR44 from northridge but the navy only pays so much, and thanks to the government it's not gonna get any better for the next couple years.
Is it visible to the naked eye or did u have your alignment checked to verify its bent? Was it sleeved?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, been there, done that. With 35's and street driving.

I wasn't getting any vibes from mine, just gear noise and a pull. You could check all the front end components or pull the front shaft to try and isolate it. (assuming you are still driving it)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its visible to the naked eye. Walked out after work yesterday and decided to look at the front end and see if anything was visibly loose and when I took a step back and got down close to eye level it definitely appears to be bent right around the upper control arm mount on the passenger side. Gave the northridge guys a call yesterday so I need to figure out money situation to get me a new PR 44. Also trying to buy a '96 chevy suburban 2500 to tow the JK to the trail so I have another vehicle. Still driving it around town but Yuma is a small town so I'm not driving any long distance with it. No gear noise or grinding that I have noticed just vibrations over random bumps, size doesnt seem to matter on how much vibration occurs.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am becoming more and more acquainted with the accuracy of Just Empty Every Pocket haha
Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

That sux... sorry to hear that

Quick Reply: D30 bent!!