Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D30??

Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Axle and stub shaft, you broke the ears on the stub shaft at the joint and also internally on the axle shaft itself? Hell, I'll stick with stockers then, I got extras. Chromo overated. Same thing kinda happened in my cj rear , spun the splines on a hub, went ahead and put a chromo in with a new hub and snapped it within a week Put the stocker back in and just went through hubs after that.
Cromo's are overrated. NO ONE run Cromo's in my club, everyone has OEM Spicer shafts with no issue. Yes, some have broken a u-joint, but the ears were intact. No one has chewed the R&P yet.

I rather have the shafts as the weakpoint. I rather change a bunch of shafts than have the shafts be stronger, and grenade the R&P. Careful with those RCV's. If you get a D44 to run these shafts, you'll now have strong shafts, and the R&P is the weakpoint.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Yeah, I'm debating on those right now. Depends on what I break in the d-30 as to which direction I'm going, I've got some spare stockers, and a lockright in the front. If I screw the R&P or carrier, I'm goin d-60, if it's just axles , may go rcv. We don't have allotta rocks here, just muddy trails, so.... I actually hammered them pretty good yesterday on a trail, so far, so good, not rocks though, think that's where I'd run into probs.
Yeah I wheel in alot of muddy trails and not much for rocks and it takes a heavy foot to break an axle shaft in these conditions.... Although it is not impossible, a buddy of mine just busted his front axle shaft in his pickup comming out of a holein 4lo wiht the pedal mashed to the floor, and when the front tires caught traction he was done. It was an open GM 10 bolt but the axle shafts are pretty much the same size as a D44.

Quick Reply: D30??