Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D Ring Shackle Pin Size??

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D Ring Shackle Pin Size??

I'm trying to find a D Ring that will fit the Lod Rear Bumper Gen II. I went to the same place to purchase the one's for my front Lod bumper but the one's they now carry won't fit the holes for the pin. I didn't realize there were different sizes. The one's that don't fit now are 3/4" shackles but the pin is slightly larger than 3/4" and won't fit through the hole in the bumper.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

5/8" D-Rings are probably needed. The Mopar rear originally had 5/8" hole mounts but they finally changed to the 3/4"

Don't drill them out it will weaken the mount point just order a set of 5/8" shackles.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also if the mountpoints are thinner than the fronts like on mine a set of ball cock washers from Lowes or Home Depot (In the plumbing area) cut down work great to keep them from rattling around.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Talking

Originally Posted by DtownJK
Also if the mountpoints are thinner than the fronts like on mine a set of ball cock washers from Lowes or Home Depot (In the plumbing area) cut down work great to keep them from rattling around.
ball cock washers!!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grkwrangler
ball cock washers!!
That didn't take long.
You know your on the right board when you were fleece, drive a Jeep, get muddy and think like a juvenile. That's why I like it here.

Last edited by DtownJK; 06-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: D Ring Shackle Pin Size??