Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is cutting pinch seam required on 2014+ JK?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Why buy the Evo rock stars when you can easily weld $5 worth of tabs or make your own shock tabs with that $3000 plasma cutter lol
Cause I'm lazy?

I'll fabricate if I have to, but I usually look at what I can buy, and if I can buy something for $100 that would take me 2-3 hours to make, I'll buy it. Time is money, and while both are limited.... I am running out of time as I get older and closer to dead. I'm not out of money yet. The money tree is still in full bloom.

When I was really into the sled pulling scene, I was constantly making what I needed. Anymore, I make more money, get tired faster and need more sleep, and compare cost vs my time/energy on things and often talk myself out of making things when I can even though I could make it. Yea, lets just cut the shit and call it what it is.... LAZY!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Are those the stock liners? Looks good with the cut fenders...
they are. I trimmed front and rear liners. Thx
Old 04-07-2016, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by larry0071
Cause I'm lazy? I'll fabricate if I have to, but I usually look at what I can buy, and if I can buy something for $100 that would take me 2-3 hours to make, I'll buy it. Time is money, and while both are limited.... I am running out of time as I get older and closer to dead. I'm not out of money yet. The money tree is still in full bloom. When I was really into the sled pulling scene, I was constantly making what I needed. Anymore, I make more money, get tired faster and need more sleep, and compare cost vs my time/energy on things and often talk myself out of making things when I can even though I could make it. Yea, lets just cut the shit and call it what it is.... LAZY!
Lol fair enough. I only asked because of what you said about the bumpstop pads.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
they are. I trimmed front and rear liners. Thx
Good to know. I'm about to trim these to give more breathing room for the 37s. Glad I don't have to spend more $$ for a fancy liner.

Quick Reply: Is cutting pinch seam required on 2014+ JK?