Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cut pinch seams

Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cut was simple. Had to to clear my 37's. Cut the rock rails and pinch seams without removing. Easy as can be!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a miter saw with a metal blade to cut the sliders. Drilled a new hole and installed the end cap.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah the cut would have been easy for me too. I started to make it with a cutoff wheel but couldn't get around my tire. Went to take it off and the #%*$ locking lugnut wouldn't come off!! That's how I ended up at the dealer(only 4 miles away) and they ended up cutting for free after taking all the locking lugs off. Don't know if anyone else has run in to that with the lugs. When I had my wheels/tires installed they had to cut off the end of the locking key since it wouldn't fit around the lugnut. With that setup it is near impossible to get any torque on those lugs!! If that made any sense whatsoever. Pretty much just means splines are on order
Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

I cut mine in 5 minutes with a wheel on the dremel

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1475214531.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	471626

Quick Reply: Cut pinch seams