Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

custom stubby and stinger ideas

Old 05-09-2008, 01:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
LOL, you had me thinking. I just went to look and it is routed under the grille, it just looks that way in the pic. I agree it could be hidden better though. I plan to try to put the solenoid box behind the grille so I'll rearrange it then. I have to get some longer cables though. The ones running from the solenoid box to the motor have zero slack.
LOL nice....I was forced to run it neatly on mine due to the grill mod...I didnt want to cut through it
Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

LOL, you had me thinking. I just went to look and it is routed under the grille, it just looks that way in the pic. I agree it could be hidden better though. I plan to try to put the solenoid box behind the grille so I'll rearrange it then. I have to get some longer cables though. The ones running from the solenoid box to the motor have zero slack.
I drilled the solenoid box and switched the short and long cables with each other. If you put the box in the opening next to the battery the short cables are more than long enough to reach the battery and the power cables reach the winch with no problem too.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goose
I drilled the solenoid box and switched the short and long cables with each other. If you put the box in the opening next to the battery the short cables are more than long enough to reach the battery and the power cables reach the winch with no problem too.

Good idea.

This way, you have to pop the hood to hook up the remote, right? Or did you relocate the plug?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

I had Nate's 4x4 build mine.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Good idea.

This way, you have to pop the hood to hook up the remote, right? Or did you relocate the plug?
Going to re-locate the plug, most likely to the front of the grill. I wish I could remember who I got the idea from but the plug for the remote is very similar to a trailer wiring plug. Just need to get the right wiring and do some slight mods to it.

Quick Reply: custom stubby and stinger ideas