Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom rock rails redone

Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Sorry, did not see the body mounts. That will help considerably and was one of my earlier points. That should work for you. Also I see you only have two mounting to your body mounts and not three as I stated. Hey, I had a few beers. This is basically the same design as the rubicon rails and should serve you well.
It's cool, no big deal . I just felt the need to reexplain what I did and why.
The mounting system I used has not changed since I made them the first time. I should have used the 3rd body mount and will more than likely do that when I get my lift and new tires, but for now they are going to stay. I really need to find some longer body mount bolts before long, but it works for now.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante
Add some tread tape and you're all set.
I would use some grip tape but I sprayed it with bed liner, which has some texture to it, and I don't usually stand on it, but great idea.

Quick Reply: Custom rock rails redone