Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom Fab Tube Fenders

Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
Anybody see Extreme 4X4 where they connected the tube fenders directly to the frame? It put a great deal of protection/functionality into them. A bit of rubber in the joint between the body and fender would deal with the curves. Just a thought.
Yeah, you mean the tj they worked on last weekend? That is exactly what I would like to do.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a-squared
Yeah, you mean the tj they worked on last weekend? That is exactly what I would like to do.
Yeah. This was two or three weeks ago. They cut a hole in the back of the wheel well and welded the inside tube of the fender up from there. Then they put a brace for it in the front. It looks like it'd make a great foundation for an exo as well. It's kind of radical for me to think about doing this to a new JK, but a couple of years and a welding class or two...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

As soon as I finish my rear bumper/tire carrier, I'm starting on my tube fenders. I'll post up what I come up with.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

excellent. I can't wait to see what everyone else is coming up with....Planning on checking out some fabricators here in the next few weeks to do this..
Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
How about using Lockhart Philips Flushmount III light housings on top of flat fenders?
I thought about this to...but using the mercedes g wagon turn signals on top of the fenders....lots of cool options and freedom to place it anywhere on the fener out there...
Old 03-07-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

hey putnam dan, any pics of your custom flat fenders???
Old 03-07-2008, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Cool, I like those a lot. Are you going to use those on yours?
Old 03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

I was told that custom fab work would cost more than just buying a manufactured option.....You guys having any luck with your searches????
Old 03-10-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by a-squared
I thought about this to...but using the mercedes g wagon turn signals on top of the fenders....lots of cool options and freedom to place it anywhere on the fener out there...
If you're looking to get rid of the factory turn signals and need another option, you could go with these...................

Mopar used them on the Skunkworks Jeep above.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

everything about that jeep was cool....I actually spoke (via email) with AEV about just using their winch plate, as seen on the skunkworks jeep, but didnt notice the turn signals till now....pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Custom Fab Tube Fenders