Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom Fab Tube Fenders

Old 03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Custom Fab Tube Fenders

Any custom fab'ed tube fenders out there yet? I'm not talking about the mysterious pure jeep fenders, or the other manufactured ones floating around.....I'm talking about going to a fabrication shop and working with them to produce real steel fenders.

I want to get some made here locally....the goal being: SUper LCOG suspension that clears 35-37's....Tube fenders could be the answer.

Rev311 pulled it off, although maybe its why they went out of business?!!?!?

So why can't the rest of us?

If you've seen any, please post pics..
thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Just subscribed. This could answer a lot of qestions for me...

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by a-squared
....the goal being: SUper LCOG suspension that clears 35-37's....
Nice to know someone else has the same frame of mind I do.
I was begining to think I was the only one on here that wanted to go LCOG and 35-37's.
I've been running some ideas for homemade fenders and bumpers through my head and on note pads. I haven't been home for a while to bounce my ideas off my jeep as I'm still riding around out here in this 18 wheeler of mine. But I've got it in my head that I want at least 35" tires under it with no lift. And I'm not opposed to get'n out the rubber malet and cutters to make them fit.
Between my dad(retired aircraft welder/engineer) and myself we should be able to get something done ourselves that people won't at.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

This is my inspiration...the rev-311 guys had the perfect set up. They were running a 2 inch budget boost and 37's without rubbing, without driveline issues. etc.

more pics are here...
http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...9241&g2_page=2

I'm thinking of a radiator hoop welded to a winch bumper, like the shrockworks stubby, but using tube clamps to tie into some tube fenders and then again into some rock rails....

What do you think?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

They had the coolest flares IMHO...... I wonder if anyones will design some flares like theirs? I would have bought them in a second!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by a-squared
I'm thinking of a radiator hoop welded to a winch bumper, like the shrockworks stubby, but using tube clamps to tie into some tube fenders and then again into some rock rails....

What do you think?
I was thinking the same thing. I also thought of running some sort of support bar positioned under the hood/over engine attached to engine bay walls where the tube fenders were attached to give some sort of strength to the body when those steel tube fenders get into a rock or tree. Then, as usual I strayed from my original intentions and started to think about a cab forward full body armor cage.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

I dont really like the idea of metal fenders...i like my plastic ones. they spring right back if you hit them I would love to be able to run 35s with a 2" BB.

Can you do this if you trim your fenders or something??
Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

REV111 didnt go out of business because of the JK line, the JK line never took off because there was lack of interest in it

in my opinion there was nothing high clearance about them

any tube fender that is on the market right now or about to be (there are plenty vendors that have them) is just as high clearance as the other.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bofer84
I dont really like the idea of metal fenders...i like my plastic ones. they spring right back if you hit them I would love to be able to run 35s with a 2" BB.

Can you do this if you trim your fenders or something??
I see your point about metal fenders and that's wy I'll probly go with the other idea I had wich was to get some aluminum extrusion and a big 'ol peice of stiff plastic sheeting and make some fenders outa that. It wouldn't look pretty but it'll be functional and stay outa the way of the tires. I'm not try'n to win no beauty contests, just want a very fuctional off-road rig with out spending too much $ and jack'n it way up in the air.

And driving around heavily modded with homemade stuff all over my jeep should finnaly garner some waves from the hard core trail jeeps in my area.(Hopefully they won't be as they're waving)
Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody see Extreme 4X4 where they connected the tube fenders directly to the frame? It put a great deal of protection/functionality into them. A bit of rubber in the joint between the body and fender would deal with the curves. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Custom Fab Tube Fenders