Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom Cages... nobody has one?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Cages... nobody has one?

i did a search and the only thing i found was EXO ideas and what does stock cage look like with the padding off. most of the guys in my club run with padding off... to be honest i never thought of skull fractures without padding. but i will now, thats for sure

Any one have a custom cage? or an aftermarket ( are they even available yet?) a custom cage is going in mine hopefully this summer ( having a baby in june so the jeep with be in surgery most of the year) looking for some ideas about how to get it in without butchering the dash too much, but if i gotta i gotta i guess

any pics would be greatly appreciated

sorry i am new here, so once again if this is a repost... flame on
Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rando
i did a search and the only thing i found was EXO ideas and what does stock cage look like with the padding off. most of the guys in my club run with padding off... to be honest i never thought of skull fractures without padding. but i will now, thats for sure

Any one have a custom cage? or an aftermarket ( are they even available yet?) a custom cage is going in mine hopefully this summer ( having a baby in june so the jeep with be in surgery most of the year) looking for some ideas about how to get it in without butchering the dash too much, but if i gotta i gotta i guess

any pics would be greatly appreciated

sorry i am new here, so once again if this is a repost... flame on
OR Fab has a bolt in sport cage...you may want to take a look at theirs
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks
Off Road Fabrications right?
their website is done... i guess i will try later
Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Give me about 2 weeks and I should have some pics of a weld-in cage (B-pillar forward) that has an actual tube goign to the floor instead of bolting onto the firewall...........it will be much stronger and safer than the bolt in stuff thats on the market now.

By the way, the Fabtec JK has a full cage.........look at the pics on Project JK, SEMA show.....
Old 03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somewhere on here someone had a Redrock 4dr with the rock hard cage installed and color matched to the jeep, but i aint finding it just yet.

Quick Reply: Custom Cages... nobody has one?