Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom Bumper and Fenders

Old 07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2 cents...

I like the basic bumper & think the cover is great. I'd take it off before going offroading. But it we be excellent for protecting on the street.

I would loose the integrated fenders, reminds me of the mid 90's Renegades.

I'm not sure of the purpose of a folding hoop.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input.

We'll go from here...........
Old 07-26-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks killer, like the modular options, pulling covers off here and there....what are the plans for the fog lights on the bumper ends, and clearance....when at stuff...looks good
Old 07-26-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by New2Jeeping
Hey
Thanks guys

The program you can use is called Rhino3d and it's really fun to work on these kinds of projects.

Free trial at: http://download.rhino3d.com/eval/?p=25 Check it out!

The fab work is something to think about. I work at a company that has a machine shop and also does lots of work with laser cut and folded parts. I have tried to keep the building of the parts in mind during fabrication.

Here is a head on shot.
Torchmate has an awesome plasma cutting tool using robotics and a cad program to make precision cuts for your bumper. It will be one upgrade to my shop as I return from being over seas. Fabbing one off bumpers and other products for the JK line will be something I will be getting into as a hobby. Good luck with your bump and hope all turns out well. For my $0.02 I'd do away with the grill guard and use a tubular one that sticks out a lil more away from the grill incase it does get hit it won't bend into the actual grill and do any serious damage. as for the fenders they look sweet tying into the bump saying that Me thinking they will be made of steel and not plastic, with the lights on the bumper I would fabricate a new grill and just go crazy with it however that is my opinnion, great design, great work, I just use Autocad for all my projects a lil more complicated to use then Rhino.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Impressed! Really cool work, and some good ideas. Beware no vendor steals it from you!

Would love to see it live!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

A vendor would need the actual rendering to do so, now they could design one similar to it and thats about it.and being that we saw it on here first and has the actual redering and plans for it he would have a winning case if it ever went that far. Hind sight is 20/20 but incase I would put a CW on it.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the looks of it. Great concept. Good luck in execution. Can't wait to see it for real.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea!!! looks like alot of fab work, but shouldn't take ya that long can't wait to see the real thing.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have guessed it was done on AutoCad

Quick Reply: Custom Bumper and Fenders