Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Track Bar Bracket.. Anyone?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Currie Track Bar Bracket.. Anyone?

Has anyone installed the Currie Track Bar bracket on the rear axle?

Can anyone tell me how far the bracket raises the attach point for the track bar?

I have the JKS adjustable track bars installed and both axles are centered within 1/16in to the frame. However, I feel the Jeep's tail wag when going fast over bumps and when shifting gears. My guess is that the steeper angle of the track bar is moving the axle further over when the suspension is being compressed. Additionally, I believe the feeling is being magnified by the short wheel base of the two door and by the softer OME suspension. I’m thinking that moving the track bar more horizontal, will help the suspension geometry and keep the axle more centered through its movements. If not, at least the Currie bracket should be stronger than the stock one. I'm sure you guys have opinions about this, let's hear 'em

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...od=CE-9807RTBK

Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed this last week. It moves the trackbar up exactly 3", per my measurement on the jeep. It is a very strong mount, hard to imagine anyone ripping it off.

I have no idea if it will solve your problem, beyond my expertise.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jpp
Has anyone installed the Currie Track Bar bracket on the rear axle?

Can anyone tell me how far the bracket raises the attach point for the track bar?

I have the JKS adjustable track bars installed and both axles are centered within 1/16in to the frame. However, I feel the Jeep's tail wag when going fast over bumps and when shifting gears. My guess is that the steeper angle of the track bar is moving the axle further over when the suspension is being compressed. Additionally, I believe the feeling is being magnified by the short wheel base of the two door and by the softer OME suspension. I’m thinking that moving the track bar more horizontal, will help the suspension geometry and keep the axle more centered through its movements. If not, at least the Currie bracket should be stronger than the stock one. I'm sure you guys have opinions about this, let's hear 'em

See below. If you'd like to try this one out and see if it cures the wag, let me know. I'd ship it to ya! This buys you about 2.5" and does it frame side. It is definitely beefy.

Let me know

RB

--- from for sale forum ---

I have a brand new in the box (opened but not installed) BDS rear track bar relo kit.

Part number is BDS 124308-1 (2-3 inch lift compatible)

I bought it, then decided to go Full Traction adjustable track bars on both front and rear after installing a Rough Country BB (2.5). I liked the full control of precisely centering the axles and the adj bars can scale up when/if I go a little taller.

I paid $60.95 shipped.

I am guessing around 8-10 dollars to ship +
Any reasonable offer (read - value of a decent case of beer) can have it.

dont have a pic, but here is the one i bought -
http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catal...p_wrangler_jk/

Last edited by RubiRedRider; 10-01-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:37 PM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to get the Currie bracket. I want to raise the bracket up rather than lowering it. Plus, I like the idea of strengthening the factory mount. 'Preciate the help..

Quick Reply: Currie Track Bar Bracket.. Anyone?