Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie rock jock dana 60? or sleeve,gusset,regear stock dana 44??

Old 03-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currie 60s are just as strong as any other 60s out there so they wont bend but the company has had quite a few issues lately with QA so axles have been delivered with issues.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Currie 60s are just as strong as any other 60s out there so they wont bend but the company has had quite a few issues lately with QA so axles have been delivered with issues.
I'll add that there is a history of R&P failures in that axle. In addition, it only takes one call to Currie to discover that they need to be educated on customer service. Comparing apples-to-apples, Currie and Dynatrac price out about the same. I am not recommending either, but Dynatrac is far superior when it comes to customer service.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im honestly thinking about the new dana's that came out. Kinda right in the middle of currie and dynatrac.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I find most JK don't care for body damage.

The mopar dana 60 axle looks pretty cool and not a bad price to boot
Old 03-02-2015, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

I'll second what Invest said, Currie needs some education in their customer service. I've got Currie RJ 60's front/rear and if I was to do over, I would go with another manufacturer just for the CS aspect. I've had mine for a long time and never really had any major issues with the front other than seepy seals, the poor tie rod ends (which Currie denied) and my own fault for not going full float rear. On my 2nd set of rear axles due to bent axle flanges... 40's and a heavy jeep like to bend things if you aren't careful. 😁
Old 03-02-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info everybody. I think currie is out of the picture. Does anyone know if there is enough room to do the drag link flip on the spicer ultimate 60?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Thanks for the info everybody. I think currie is out of the picture. Does anyone know if there is enough room to do the drag link flip on the spicer ultimate 60?
There's room for anything, you just have to make it.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Anybody running the rock jock 60's? I would like to hear what you think of them or if you have had any issues with them bending/breaking?
I have had the Currie Rock Jock 60s on my Jeeps now for 4 years. I tolled my 2010JKU at Moab last year and trashed/totaled the Jeep. The Currie Rock Jocks were pulled off the old Jeep and are on my 2014 JKU now. Despite the destruction wrought on my poor Jeep the Currie axles held up great. If you look at the King of hammers 4500 class Modified results this year I believe all of the top 5 rigs were sporting CURRIE axles....not Dynatrac. That being said most of the guys I run with prefer Dynatrac and I like them a lot too. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedRubi1
I have had the Currie Rock Jock 60s on my Jeeps now for 4 years. I tolled my 2010JKU at Moab last year and trashed/totaled the Jeep. The Currie Rock Jocks were pulled off the old Jeep and are on my 2014 JKU now. Despite the destruction wrought on my poor Jeep the Currie axles held up great. If you look at the King of hammers 4500 class Modified results this year I believe all of the top 5 rigs were sporting CURRIE axles....not Dynatrac. That being said most of the guys I run with prefer Dynatrac and I like them a lot too. You can't go wrong with either.

Sorry to hear that man. What happened?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedRubi1
Well, you are right, I would run Curries if someone bought them for me. I also wouldn't worry since I only need them to last one race at a time.

Quick Reply: Currie rock jock dana 60? or sleeve,gusset,regear stock dana 44??