Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Off-road JK kit

Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDMF
My tire is still on the ground there. I think there is a shot from behind that shows it a full droop on that trip.

As far as comparing to a long arm kit, have you seen the video of Off Road Evolutions JK with the FT long arm? Now that is some sick flex.

The Currie arms are very well made with zerk's on all the ends so you can keep them greased up and quiet. Some say that Johnny joints on both transmit vibration, but I'll tell ya...if they do...I have never noticed.
I can also now say that the Currie kit does ride very nice on road. It firmed up the ride and the biggest thing I noticed is the front end doesn't dive too much like it did with the stock suspension.

As far as the RE long arm kit, in Eddie's interview with RE/Mopar (Idon't remember who said it) the manager of the program said that the kit was not engineered to flex only, it was engineered to ride well both on road and off, which IMO is a good thing.

That video of the FT long arm kit was absolutely sick! If I was going to go with a long arm kit I would have to go for that Full Traction kit, it looks very nice!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where can I find this video of the FT LA in action? Is it the one from SEMA?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Junkie

Why FT over RE?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kntr
Why FT over RE?
I am no expert on long arm kits but from what I heard the RE kit is a radius arm kit and does not give as much flex. On the SEMA Video, I think the RE guy even said they weren't going after flex. Maybe someone more knowledgable on the subject could chime in.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Currie,

Any wheel backspacing recommendations for your Off Road Suspension system?
What are the Walkers on the Red jeep?

I just ordered some AEV Pintlers but hear they are not the 4.7" advertised and can rub control arms from certain manufacturers. I'll measure them before I put them on, and based on your feedback I may have to return them.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stockYJ
Currie,

Any wheel backspacing recommendations for your Off Road Suspension system?
What are the Walkers on the Red jeep?

I just ordered some AEV Pintlers but hear they are not the 4.7" advertised and can rub control arms from certain manufacturers. I'll measure them before I put them on, and based on your feedback I may have to return them.
We recommend 4.5" BS. The AEV wheels will work, the only thing you may run into is a little rubbing on the front Antirock arm.

Mowabb is running a complete Currie RJ suspension system including Antirocks with AEV wheels.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ghlight=mowabb
Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Just have to say that I am very happy with my Currie Rock Jock arms! I upgraded my superlift kit with them and the flex is great! I had a question on centering the axles, how long on average are the arms adjusted to give a good position for the axle and also keep the pinion angle set right? Also, is it possible to have the arms adjusted out too long? thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AUSTIN760
Just have to say that I am very happy with my Currie Rock Jock arms! I upgraded my superlift kit with them and the flex is great! I had a question on centering the axles, how long on average are the arms adjusted to give a good position for the axle and also keep the pinion angle set right? Also, is it possible to have the arms adjusted out too long? thanks
Installation Instructions
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ins...7InstSheet.pdf

For the Currie lift we recommend 22 5/8" on the lower arm and 18 3/4" on the upper arm. All lifts are different, if using our arms as an upgrade on a different lift, I would recommend to start by adjusting the arms to stock lenght and make adjustments accordingly to attain the desired caster/pinion angle.

Yes, it is possible to have the arms adjusted too long. Minimum thread engament of 1" on uppers and 1.25" on lowers is recommended.

David
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.

Minimum thread engament of 1" on uppers and 1.25" on lowers is recommended.

David
Thats exactly what I needed to know, thanks David!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Some Currie Suspension pics!

Here are a couple shots of the Currie arms at work! Let me tell you, these things can flex it up with the best of 'em!

Quick Reply: Currie Off-road JK kit