Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Off-road JK kit

Old 09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift??

I would go with the Currie suspension kit. I have never had any problems with their equipment. With that said, this will get a few responses stating the same about FT.

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
You guys are killing me.. Now I don't know which to order the FT Ultimate or the New Currie..
Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mini-me
David,

When is the antirock going to be up on the web site?

Could you could you e-mail me a copy of the installation instructions to me or provide a link?
The Antirock should be up on the web by next week.

As far as the instructions, I have not had a chance to write them up. I can tell you that it is a fairly easy install re-using factory hardware and factory holes. The rear Antirock requires relocation of brake lines and drilling of two holes is necessary.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope this system is a good as their TJ system. I was so impressed with the system I had on my TJ that I ordered the Currie JK system with the Waler Evans shocks and front & rear AntiRocks today!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

As long as I kept the Johnny Joints lubed, the ride on my TJ system was fine.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

A couple questions for the guys at Currie....

1. Will the long travel kit (s) allow 35" tires comfortably? I know it says 33"s will fit, but 35x12.5 on a 4.25-4.75" backspaced wheel? Doable? Or no?

2. How many of the parts included in the long travel kits usable if one were to upgrade from that to the off-road system?

If its cost-effective to start with the long travel kit and later upgrade to the full offroad kit, and I can still fit 35"s, this might be an option for me....thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Question

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
No need to photo chop 4DR on 35's. Hope this helps!!

Dave can you give the overall height for this setup? I still need to get mine in the garage...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Dave can you give the overall height for this setup? I still need to get mine in the garage...
I'll measure the red JK next week once is off the rack.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Great thanks! The opening to my garage door is 82" high. The highest point of my softop is 73" high so I've got 9" to work with, Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem....

An actual measurement would be great though just so I know.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:44 PM
JK Junkie

I need some info here.

Why Antirock instead of the stock sway bars?

Does the auto disconnect work with the Antirock?

Im lost guys.... help.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Antirock does not work with the automatic disconnect. As far as why the Antirock instead of the stock swaybar, the following is from the Currie site:

"The Currie Antirock® Sway Bar provides balanced performance of front and rear suspension for rugged off-road conditions. It gives the driver increased traction by balancing and distributing the weight over all four tires. The Antirock® Off-Road sway bar is designed to replace the stock Jeep sway bar.

The Currie Antirock® Sway Bar does not need to be disconnected for off-road use.

Jeeps will have more body roll than stock. This Sway Bar may be used on the street, however it will not provide the same performance as the stock setup."

Quick Reply: Currie Off-road JK kit