Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Off-road JK kit

Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 100% sold now I cant wait....merry Christmas to me!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepn0811
$459.oo for the Antiroc!? I paid $300.00 for the one on my LJ and loved it. Is there really that much more metal and fab required? I'm not saying it's not worth it, it just seems like all of the JK owners are getting jamed with a premium. Now I have to wait longer damn it.

I feel ya on that. I really want one, but that may be a bit too much for me.

But back to the suspension kit. How complete is this one, compared to other kits on the market?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepn0811
$459.oo for the Antiroc!? I paid $300.00 for the one on my LJ and loved it. Is there really that much more metal and fab required? I'm not saying it's not worth it, it just seems like all of the JK owners are getting jamed with a premium. Now I have to wait longer damn it.
I agree. I'll get the rear antirock kit when the prices are more in line with the TJ stuff. I understand it's a new product and there will be a premium on it for a while, but I'm a patient guy and can wait until it's $299 or less to buy it.

BTW the Currie suspension kit looks like an awesome setup!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

4 reasons why the rear JK Antirock is 459.00 and not 299.00 (TJ front Antirock)

2-Rear Mounting Brackets (laser cut, welding, coating), dont need them on TJ goes through hole on frame.

1- 50" long Antirock bar (have you priced 4340 lately!!!!), TJ bar is only 36" long.

2- Rear Braided SS DOT approved brake lines (must be relocated inside the frame), not needed on TJ.

2- 22" long arms vs. 16" for the TJ

Something else to keep in mind.......

In the last 5 years the price of steel has gone through the roof, more than double!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I feel ya on that. I really want one, but that may be a bit too much for me.

But back to the suspension kit. How complete is this one, compared to other kits on the market?
When buying the suspension kit you also need front sway bar links and shocks.

Suspension Kit $1,899.95

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2897

Front links (other options available) $64.95

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2875

Rancho Shocks (Walker shocks available) $99.95 ea. x4

Front 9.5" travel

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2898

Rear 11" travel

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2899
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Looks like a real complete kit, probably the most complete on the market right now..........Im still waiting to see more long arm systems though. Are there any in Currie's future???
Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Like I said. I am sure they are worth it. I just seems like everything cost so much more now with gas and metal going up. It just means I have to wait a little while longer to get them. At first (on my LJ with a 6" LA and 35" tires) I wasn't sold on the Antiroc until I wheeled Telico diconnected in the front, I was new to that kind of wheeling and it scared the shit out of me. I thought I was going to flop over on every rock. I met a guy there that said it would be money well spent. Next trip I had one up front and felt like a pro. Much more control then before. So I'm not knockin ya, Just venting how it seems like everything costs so much more now.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Post Antirock

David,

When is the antirock going to be up on the web site?

Could you could you e-mail me a copy of the installation instructions to me or provide a link?

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
4 reasons why the rear JK Antirock is 459.00 and not 299.00 (TJ front Antirock)

2-Rear Mounting Brackets (laser cut, welding, coating), dont need them on TJ goes through hole on frame.

1- 50" long Antirock bar (have you priced 4340 lately!!!!), TJ bar is only 36" long.

2- Rear Braided SS DOT approved brake lines (must be relocated inside the frame), not needed on TJ.

2- 22" long arms vs. 16" for the TJ

Something else to keep in mind.......

In the last 5 years the price of steel has gone through the roof, more than double!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

You guys are killing me.. Now I don't know which to order the FT Ultimate or the New Currie..
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is a rear Antiroc really beneficial? I've never flexed my JK with the rear sway bar disco'd, but it seems like I read that you only gain about 1" travel in the rear while diconnected, the most gain is in the front.

Or do I have the wrong info?

Quick Reply: Currie Off-road JK kit