Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Off-road JK kit

Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Currie Off-road JK kit

Currie now has this kit listed on their site with specs and pricing. It looks like a very complete and well designed kit....and you have at least 4 shock options...as well as multiple sway bar options. It doesnt list a lifted "height", but I am guessing 4"+? It says it can clear 37" tires, so that is all I am basing my guess on...doesnt mention driveline mods being necessary. I am excited about this and am actually probably going to put it on my JK as soon as I can.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2897
Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not 100% sure but my guess would be that with a 4"+ lift with 37" tires your going to need to replace driveshafts. Especially on a 2 door, maybe you could get away with it on a 4 door without replacing driveshafts. I'd just call currie and ask em.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, since the cat's out of the bag, I think you might be interested to know that I just got done installing this lift on SDMF's JK (with his help of course) and will be doing a complete write-up of it shortly. Now, this particular kit was the 3rd one they've made and a few things will be different on the production sets but from what I have seen so far, it really is a nice, nice kit.

I'll try to post a few teaser pics soon.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet! You are on top of things! Cant wait to see the writeup.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

are the shocks includede with the price? cant wait to see pics.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK-RUBIJON
are the shocks includede with the price? cant wait to see pics.
No. Shocks will needed to be purchased separately. For our purposes, we went with the recommended Rancho 9000X which Currie recommended for this kit. Also, new adjustable track bars are not needed with this lift but we got a set and had them installed in addition to the super beefy Rock Jock track bar relocation brackets that do require some welding.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, since the cat's out of the bag, I think you might be interested to know that I just got done installing this lift on SDMF's JK (with his help of course) and will be doing a complete write-up of it shortly. Now, this particular kit was the 3rd one they've made and a few things will be different on the production sets but from what I have seen so far, it really is a nice, nice kit.

That's great! I bet his Jeep is real high? Cant wait to see the pics!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

Can you comment on how you would compare this kit to the FT ultimate?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rubimon
That's great! I bet his Jeep is real high? Cant wait to see the pics!
Actually, you'll have to come by now and see it sometime
Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
Can you comment on how you would compare this kit to the FT ultimate?
Yeah, it's a really nice kit with well built components but I'm not sure if I could make a direct comparison to the FT 3" Ultimate kit. For one, this kit is more like a 4.5"+ kit and it comes with the parts you really should have for a lift like this (i.e. dropped pitman arm, track bar relocation brackets, new longer stainless steel brakelines). Perhaps one of the biggest differences I could point out is in the control arm design as the Currie kit uses their Jonny Joints (instead of FK Rod Ends) and on both ends of the arm (as opposed to having a poly bushing on the opposite end). For now, that's about all I can say as we have not had a chance to wheel the Currie kit yet but plan to do so in the near future and I should have more feedback from you at that time.

Quick Reply: Currie Off-road JK kit