Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie AntiRock

Old 02-15-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone! I think I'll stick with what I have. At least till the front e-disconnect fails to work.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one thing you guys have failed to mention is while disconnecting the front sway bar will give you the most flex, you lose stability, especially in side hill conditions. Running a sway bar such as the Currie Antirock, you will have both great flex and stability.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Sahara model. I have the factory sway bar in the rear and currie anti rock up front. I drive it on the street all the time. About 10k miles with the anti rock. I can not tell one difference in the way it handles.. The sway is no different to me.. Now when the anti rock was installed so were my coilovers. Idk if that has anything to do with it but for me the currie has been as good as stock.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They say it increases body roll but I barely noticed it .... It's my daily driver city and hiway with roundabouts .... It took a whole 1/2 hr to get use to it..... I think it's more fun to drive now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-961299755.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	637763   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-119804817.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	637764   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2769369180.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	637765  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 02-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been running front and rear anti rock for a couple years on my daily driver with no issues. To the original poster I would recommend taking your sway bars off and driving around the neighborhood. You'll obviously get quite a bit more body roll then running anti rock but it will give you an idea of what you expect and whether you like it or not.

I agree with the post regarding the controlled body roll when wheeling, completely underrated.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I've been running front and rear anti rock for a couple years on my daily driver with no issues. To the original poster I would recommend taking your sway bars off and driving around the neighborhood. You'll obviously get quite a bit more body roll then running anti rock but it will give you an idea of what you expect and whether you like it or not. I agree with the post regarding the controlled body roll when wheeling, completely underrated.
Good timing for this thread. My E disco failed at the end of the day at Walker last week. Deciding what to do. Will probably fix if I can by cleaning again.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jam session
Good timing for this thread. My E disco failed at the end of the day at Walker last week. Deciding what to do. Will probably fix if I can by cleaning again.
Jeremy was going to use my old one for a project, so he might still have it.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to be a fan of Antirocks until recently. I had a front set for a year. Then, my friend and the person who helped me to build my jeep recommended switching to rubicon sway bar using EVO No Limit manual knob. I found a take off sway bar for under $500 and got EVO no limit knob for $90 extra. I love this set up now. Not only it is 5 seconds job to disconnect it, but it drives like stock without that excess body roll.

For the folks that have a Rubi and the electronic disconnect is failed then just get the manual knob from EVO and thank me latter.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow_but_Sure
I used to be a fan of Antirocks until recently. I had a front set for a year. Then, my friend and the person who helped me to build my jeep recommended switching to rubicon sway bar using EVO No Limit manual knob. I found a take off sway bar for under $500 and got EVO no limit knob for $90 extra. I love this set up now. Not only it is 5 seconds job to disconnect it, but it drives like stock without that excess body roll.

For the folks that have a Rubi and the electronic disconnect is failed then just get the manual knob from EVO and thank me latter.
Thanks, I'm considering that option as well. By far the lowest cost unless I can fix the rubi by cleaning the connector.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Slow_but_Sure
I used to be a fan of Antirocks until recently. I had a front set for a year. Then, my friend and the person who helped me to build my jeep recommended switching to rubicon sway bar using EVO No Limit manual knob. I found a take off sway bar for under $500 and got EVO no limit knob for $90 extra. I love this set up now. Not only it is 5 seconds job to disconnect it, but it drives like stock without that excess body roll. For the folks that have a Rubi and the electronic disconnect is failed then just get the manual knob from EVO and thank me latter.
Good info. Thanks! I'll definitely store it away for future use.

Quick Reply: Currie AntiRock