Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie AntiRock

Old 02-14-2016, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Currie AntiRock

Looking into getting Currie AntiRock sways. Questions:
1) what's the preferred brackets aluminum or steel?? And why?
2) are they worth the $$$$?
Old 02-14-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the steel ... I wanted the aluminum but my shop said go with the steel so I did I think it was a bit cheaper..... For me not having to connect and disconnect all the time was worth the price
Old 02-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't really go wrong either way. I went with aluminum front and rear so i didn't have to worry about rust (New England) and I love the contrast since my Jeep is all black. They work amazing-

Feel free to contact us any time for forum member pricing!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3537362344.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	797.5 KB
ID:	637673  
Old 02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

The aluminum versus steel is personal preference. The on road differences give the Jeep more body roll on road, but a more stable feeling offroad. I believe they are supposed to work best when paired front and rear, but at that cost one would almost consider going with the Teraflex adjustable sway bar that you can turn the dial for street or off road use.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose aluminium for the looks, only a little bit more expensive, was worth it for me
Old 02-14-2016, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thx for input. Looks like the aluminum is cheaper.... Which is why i questioned it. Usually it's more expensive than steel versions. Thx again
Old 02-15-2016, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would anyone recommend going to these and eliminate the factory electronic sway bar disconnect on their Rubicon? Does it work better?
Old 02-15-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nhk19
Would anyone recommend going to these and eliminate the factory electronic sway bar disconnect on their Rubicon? Does it work better?
I wouldn't. My Jeeps are DDs so I need all the on-road stability I can get. The Rubicon e-disconnect sway is perfect for my needs.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nhk19
This is exactly what I did. But it was because my e-disconnect failed after it got a little wet. When it failed it sent my jeep into limp mode. The dealership replaced it under warranty but it wasn't worth it to me to have it fail again just because it gets wet. No way you can keep the system dry where it is located. There are tons of threads out there of other people having the same issue. So, I sold the e-disco and went with the antirock and I'm very happy. It's nice to not have to disconnect anything when I off-road or even push a button.

As for on road stability, this is my daily driver. It does take some getting used to but I've had it like this for 2 years and I never even think about it anymore.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Me personally, I would not recommend these setups. The rear swaybar on the JKs are pretty small from the factory. I don't think you will notice much of a difference, if any, in the rear of a JK going from stock to Currie. For the front, just disconnect when you go offroad. It takes all of 2 minutes to disconnect and maybe 5 minutes tops to reconnect; even less with a Rubi. On the road you will have much more body roll with Currie swaybars, and for me that is not good. If you don't mind the body roll, then go for it and you won't have to get out of your Jeep and get dirty

Quick Reply: Currie AntiRock