Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Anti-rock Off-road Sway Bar

Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
what do you think having more on-road sway is going to do to the esp sensors?
I spent a week driving around the roads (up to 60 mph) doing everything wrong. I had the sway bars disconnected and tires down to 25 psi, or so I thought. The ride was fine and no feedback from the esp until... At about day three the ESP lights came on. I figured it was all the bad stuff I was doing until I put the tire gauge on and found I was actually running at 20 PSI. I went back up to 25 and the light went out.
I have an '07 so I don't have that tire pressure thing. Again
Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
what do you think having more on-road sway is going to do to the esp sensors?
Absolutely nothing. My e-disco has not been working right(disconected)95% of the time since the 3rd day I've owned the Rubicon. Wich doesn't bother me too much because I consider my Jeep an ATV. DD is an 18wheeler. On a hard turn at speed ESP will engage as I've tested it on a dirt road. But during normal driving it has never engaged for me. If it engages for others during what they consider normal driving, they should probly ease off the Starbucks a bit.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BWORKING247
I personally believe you need to know your vehicle and if you pu t it in a situation where it might roll, you should have known better. KNOW YOUR LIMITS.
I'm with you on that. But some people on the roads out there need a good stiff working sway bar to take away from the need to use good defensive driving skills. I almost drive like my grandma with my broke, constantly disonected e-diso sway bar. But my Jeep is only on roads to get me to the next trail or gas station.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mowabb
Thanks. I know TeraFlex was/is working on a dual rate sway bar. I am not sure if it is available yet.
It would be good to know when will it be available for us, it is displayed on their webste.

Quick Reply: Currie Anti-rock Off-road Sway Bar