Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

currie anti rock

Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By far the best mod I've done yet! No abs, ESP issues on my 2dr and 3" RK lift. Great handling in all situations on and off road.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never really understood the point in the sway bar "upgrades". What does it do Better, that the stock one dont do? You still have to disconect when you go off road right?
Taken from Currie's website: "The Currie Antirock® sway bar does not need to be disconnected for off-road use. CAUTION: Jeeps will have more body roll than stock. This sway bar may be used on the street, however, it will not provide the same handling characteristics as the stock setup."

So again, I dont get its purpose.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The idea with the anti-rock is that you do NOT disconnect when you go offroad. It's a softer swaybar, so it allows better suspension articulation, while still maintaining the stability benefits of a sway bar.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

No you don't have to disconnect when off road. It takes away the rough bumps on the hwy. it also takes the pressure off of your shocks when articulating. I lost about 2" of down travel with the currie vs being disconnected.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see. You'd think they would have said that on their website description or in the 3 youtube video's I watch about it.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Taken from Currie's website: "The Currie Antirock® sway bar does not need to be disconnected for off-road use. CAUTION: Jeeps will have more body roll than stock. This sway bar may be used on the street, however, it will not provide the same handling characteristics as the stock setup."

They sorta tell you right there....that the sway bar stay connected. They may be assuming a higher level of understanding of the way a sway bar functions than some potential customers possess.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w squared

They sorta tell you right there....that the sway bar stay connected. They may be assuming a higher level of understanding of the way a sway bar functions than some potential customers possess.
Higher level of understanding. I like that.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else running the anti rock or other sway bar system the can give there .02
Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running it on my 2-door. I like it much better off-road then being disconnected. One thing I wish it had was adjustability like the TJ version. I would like it just a touch looser then it is.

For anyone running the antirock cycle your suspension and and make sure the bar isn't hitting the body mount. I had to grind down a small part of the body mount on mine or the bar hit just before full bump.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, didn't know that it didn't have any adjustment. I assumed it was like my tj set up

Quick Reply: currie anti rock