Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie 4" RockJock vs Teraflex 4"

Old 04-20-2014, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Currie 4" RockJock vs Teraflex 4"

TeraFlex Part 1156400 - 4 Inch Lift Kit - - 4 Wheel Parts

or

Currie Part CE-9807A4 - 4 Inch RockJock Lift Kit - - 4 Wheel Parts

Which lift will flex better?
Which will be better on road? Offroad?
Which lift would you go with between these two for performance.
Currie reports 11" of rear travel and 9.5" front travel. Can anyone report with how much travel the teraflex kit will yield me?
Thanks Cal.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:04 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Neither kit addresses steering issues you will have at 4" of lift and neither has shocks. Both would flex the same with the same shocks. Shocks and other things will determine the amount of travel you will have not either of these kits. I Serousily doubt you would be able to tell the ride difference between the two on road or off.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 04-20-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Neither kit addresses steering issues you will have at 4" of lift and neither has shocks. Both would flex the same with the same shocks. Shocks and other things will determine the amount of travel you will have not either of these kits. I Serousily doubt you would be able to tell the ride difference between the two on road or off.
Thought travel was based off arm design and coil rates. Yes shock shaft length could limit flex but didn't know if one kit had better flex than another. I was planning on running fox 2.0 for shocks.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am currently running the teraflex 4 inch with fox 2.0's. I really like the kit, and do not really have any complaints. Just make sure you grease, and take care of it.. I would highly recommend a drag link flip. Have you addressed driveline angles?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marley77
Thought travel was based off arm design and coil rates. Yes shock shaft length could limit flex but didn't know if one kit had better flex than another. I was planning on running fox 2.0 for shocks.
Nope. Even stock arms can handle 12" travel. Coils/Rates really dont have anything to do with amount of flex, but you should keep your coils seated at full droop. Whats the extended/compressed of the foxs, they should work fine, but ideally you would measure the distance between your shock towers at full bump to see the compressed size shock you can fit. Then go for the most extended length you can find. I know curries coils are long and should be able to handle about 12" travel fine. Not sure on the teraflex coils. You could run coil retainers if needed, but i dont see a point to if you can avoid it. As dirt said its mainly shocks that determines flex.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currie will require additional $$$ to address bad design issues and if you think India based IT support is bad...

I am not recommending the other brand and based upon your requirement, as stated, shocks are your concern.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Marley77
You thougt wrong, Bolt on arms will do nothing for your "flex" on the JK. Some rod joints will allow for more misalignment and less stress on the mounts but will not give you more articulation then the factory arms. Depending on shock length and bump stop length you may actually loose "flex" when lifting.

A 2.5" lift and flat fenders can flex just as well as 4" lift, be more stable on road an off, be cheaper to build, and have few steering issues to resolve.

Quick Reply: Currie 4" RockJock vs Teraflex 4"